The Book of the Law Study Group 2.76

Grigori

Aiwass said:
76. 4 6 3 8 A B K 2 4 A L G M O R 3 Y X 24 89 R P S T O V A L. What meaneth this, o prophet? Thou knowest not; nor shalt thou know ever. There cometh one to follow thee: he shall expound it. But remember, o chosen one, to be me; to follow the love of Nu in the star-lit heaven; to look forth upon men, to tell them this glad word.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/oto/index.htm
http://hermetic.com/crowley/index.html
http://lib.oto-usa.org/libri/liber0220.html

Other threads in this study group

Grigori

So before my head drops off or implodes from qabalistic games, am I right that this is the verse that is supposed to be solved by Crowley's "son" or heir? Where does that idea come from, I've heard it, but never considered it's source before.

ravenest

One guy thought it must be him, he semed very confused and sent in a querie to the OTO to help him figure out what it meant for him.

No wonder, his name was R. P. Stoval :laugh: - true.

As to where the 'child' idea came from - didnt we look at that in a previous line? Unless you mean the idea that this son specifically can translate this particular line?

I've not heard of that one before.

Grigori

ravenest said:
One guy thought it must be him, he semed very confused and sent in a querie to the OTO to help him figure out what it meant for him.

No wonder, his name was R. P. Stoval :laugh: - true.

:laugh: Poor guy, maybe it really is for him :D

Unless you mean the idea that this son specifically can translate this particular line?

I've not heard of that one before.

Yeah, that was the idea I thought. That this was a specific riddle/mystery for the one that will come after etc..

I'm feeling sorry for Crowley with this line. Imagine having a deity send you a juicy riddle to chew on, along with a warning that you will never figure it out. It's like the crossword that is one clue short of being completed, it will haunt you forever (kind of like me and level 4 of the Angry Birds app at the moment :laugh: )

Aeon418

Grigori said:
So before my head drops off or implodes from qabalistic games, am I right that this is the verse that is supposed to be solved by Crowley's "son" or heir? Where does that idea come from, I've heard it, but never considered it's source before.
AL III:47

Aeon418

But remember, o chosen one, to be me; to follow the love of Nu in the star-lit heaven; to look forth upon men, to tell them this glad word.

Words to live by.
Be Hadit. Love Nu. Spread the Word.

be me - Hermit

follow the love of Nu - Lover

look forth upon men, to tell them this glad word. - Man of Earth

Grigori

Aeon418 said:

Ah thanks. And good to know we're not expected (and may be discouraged) from trying to understand such riddles. Which excuses you Aeon from not having a bash at the first bit ;) }) :laugh:

I really like the phrase "follow to love of Nu". It's very "orbital" and fitting, like a star on it's course.

Aeon418

Grigori said:
And good to know we're not expected (and may be discouraged) from trying to understand such riddles.
There's nothing stopping you from having a crack at it though. I think most people do at some point.
Grigori said:
Which excuses you Aeon from not having a bash at the first bit ;) }) :laugh:
The threads only just started. There's plenty of time for inane drivel and meaningless cods-wallop latter on. :laugh:

by zero

Aeon418 said:
There's plenty of time for inane drivel and meaningless cods-wallop latter on.:laugh:
Right, this is my prompt.:smoker:

I keep receiving numbers from the text in my little phase shifted universe.

There = 3 (Three)
cometh = 2 (comes cf. dux/comes of a fugue)
one = 1
to = 2
follow = 2 (like comes)
thee = 3 (th[r]ee)

Or:
3 [is] comes
1 to follow 3

?31 => 231

And:
remember
0 chosen
1 to be me;
2 follow the love of Nu in the star-lit heaven;

??? [3 is missing here]
to look 4th upon men, to tell them this glad word

Must be all the numbers
4 6 3 8 A B K 2 4 A L G M O R 3 Y X 24 89 R P S T O V A L.
which drive me nuts.
This first part of the verse
4 6 3 8 A B K 2 4 A L G M O R 3 Y X 24 89 R P S T O V A L.
is probably just channeling interferences.
Though - funny enough - the magic of regular expressions reveals
4 6 3 8
as
name hidden and glorious

Now for real ;):

this glad word
glad
together with
s ... word
gives
gladius = sword in Latin
the missing ius of gladius is Latin for law
maybe the reason for THELEMA written on the sword, as the word of the law

the nor of
nor shalt thou know ever
very much looks like
now
whatever that is supposed to mean...
?
thou knowest not (=Nut)
now shalt thou know ever (=? infinite space -> infinite time)
she shall be known and I never

ravenest

Aeon418 said:

???
Thats relating to the Book generally isnt it? Or do you see that line directly linked to II:76?

This line could be 'an apple of discord' (Hail Eris!). - As if there isnt enough in there to argue about already :laugh:

I'm not even going to think about the interpretation ... I'm off to ' the holier place'. ;)