Tarot decks by Paulina Cassidy

C_McQueen

Ah okay. I'm still not sure which one I need to get. I'm going to do more research and compare the cards! Thank you so much for your input!

After having them both, I feel like they are different enough that if you like them both, it's justifiable to have them both. You can't really mistake one for the other. The major difference to me is that there aren't humans in Joie de Vivre- they are more like imps or almost fairylike. To me, their faces and bodies are very easy to read, and I kind of like that there aren't a lot of realistic humans in that deck, because sometimes I find that distracting. L

SunnyBee

After having them both, I feel like they are different enough that if you like them both, it's justifiable to have them both. You can't really mistake one for the other. The major difference to me is that there aren't humans in Joie de Vivre- they are more like imps or almost fairylike. To me, their faces and bodies are very easy to read, and I kind of like that there aren't a lot of realistic humans in that deck, because sometimes I find that distracting. L

The imps sometimes make me feel uncomfortable, so that's why I'm still hesitating regarding Joie de Vivre. Either way is doesn't matter to me whether there are human figures or fairy tale like characters, as long as I can identify with them.

Luna's Crone

I would go for the Paulina, cuz its a bit more toothy than the joie de vivere. I wouldn't turn a Paulina away if I was offered one, but would if it was the joie

Luna's Crone

Does it seem darker to you? That was my first impression as well as others' opinions from other threads.

I was one of those with opinions, I do see it as a dark deck.

C_McQueen

The imps sometimes make me feel uncomfortable, so that's why I'm still hesitating regarding Joie de Vivre. Either way is doesn't matter to me whether there are human figures or fairy tale like characters, as long as I can identify with them.

After having the deck for a while, I really barely notice that they are imps because they're very easy to identify with.

mercuryempress

I'm using The Paulina for this month and I am loving it.

For me it has a very "adult" fairy tale story book vibe and as "muddy" as it seems for me it reads very clear lolol ....

side note-This deck seems like its very open to reversals. I don't read reversals but I haven't been able to get this deck to stay upright ..no matter what there is always a card reversed

very interesting little deck

SunnyBee

I'm using The Paulina for this month and I am loving it.

For me it has a very "adult" fairy tale story book vibe and as "muddy" as it seems for me it reads very clear lolol ....

side note-This deck seems like its very open to reversals. I don't read reversals but I haven't been able to get this deck to stay upright ..no matter what there is always a card reversed

very interesting little deck

Hmm that is interesting. I don't usually read reversals either. It is definitely very adult to me but still retains that mystery which fairytales have for me. Someone on this thread had mentioned that they have literal readings with this deck, do you find that true as well?

willowy

I have both too,and don't think you could go wrong with either deck.The joie de vivre does seem ,well more joyful,while the paulina has a very nice uniqueness to it.
If you're still undecided on these,she does have another deck coming out later this year,the spirit song tarot,which I'm super excited about,heres a link so you can see the artwork

http://www.paulina.ws/spiritsong/