Eros Tarot - uusi

AnjouTwo

I have not seen any updates on their insta or website, but they have successfully funded and delivered several decks. They just seem to (inexplicably) be unable to fulfill some of their other "perks" from their pagan campaign. I bet they will come through, but are just months behind on some of the physical goods. There is no reason (at this point) that they will be unable to deliver on the Eros, but who knows really? It seems like they are full steam ahead in doing a 2nd edition on their book.

I think they were surprised by the success of the Pagan Otherworlds, and have struggled to manage the workload. It's my understanding that they still do some private commissioned work and are not solely focused on their playing card/tarot/sculpture business. But, it would be nice to have a progress update before too long.

starlightexp

Has anyone heard any updates on this? This is my first time backing a kickstarter...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

You'll be fine. The deck is coming along pretty awesomely. They are good at delivering a good 90% of the good close to on time. Kickstarter campaigns can be aggressive on times lines but they got most things out in good time. Yes this is not their full time job so they have to work on it around other projects but they are good people. You can shoot them an email if you want, but I suspect that we will get an update after the holidays.

theEnigma

I think they were surprised by the success of the Pagan Otherworlds, and have struggled to manage the workload. It's my understanding that they still do some private commissioned work and are not solely focused on their playing card/tarot/sculpture business. But, it would be nice to have a progress update before too long.

I could almost understand if this was their first campaign , but they've had experience creating and delivering decks and wooden items before. It's just not what I'm used to from uusi, when they've had a year to prepare and build a handful of boxes when they've had time to
1. Publish a book
2. Design, advertise, sell and ship new reading mats
3. Design, and fund a new deck
4. Have a sale with original artwork (which takes time to advertise, photograph, ship)
5. Take on commissions

All of that is fine, but makes me question giving the artists any more of my money when I've already given them hundreds to feel like my project is low on their totem pole.

FLizarraga

Has anyone heard any updates on this? This is my first time backing a kickstarter...

Like it has been already pointed out, Uusi is not one of those flash-in-the-pan Kickstarter startups that later disappear before delivering. (Or that drag forever, like in the case of Orson Welles' last film, alas!) They are established and solid, and the Eros is their third Tarot deck and, I think, also their third Kickstarter --I could be wrong.

The Pagan campaign has had some issues with delivering decks and perks on time to backers -- I know that for a fact, since I was one of the "lucky" ones -- but that's really a first for Uusi. I do think AnjouTwo has a point in that they probably weren't prepared for the massive response they got. Their previous Tarot campaign was simpler --a less ambitious deck, less perks -- and as far as I know went on without a hitch.

baconwaffles

Thank you for responses. I just had momentary worry but I am sure they will deliver. I saw their previous two campaigns go well.

Philistine

Just received the book today. It was on my doorstep after returning from a raucous company holiday party.

I like the general production. 6"x6" square. Inside, the cards are featured in clinical black-and-white illustrations alongside unrevealing prose. The luna cards are, I am relieved to tell you, given a useful discussion.

I will give the book a full read and then a reread, but so far the content does not strike me as essential to the deck.

That said, I'm glad to have it. Still enthralled with this deck!

decan

Just received the book today. It was on my doorstep after returning from a raucous company holiday party.

I like the general production. 6"x6" square. Inside, the cards are featured in clinical black-and-white illustrations alongside unrevealing prose. The luna cards are, I am relieved to tell you, given a useful discussion.

I will give the book a full read and then a reread, but so far the content does not strike me as essential to the deck.

That said, I'm glad to have it. Still enthralled with this deck!
It is the book with regard to the Pagan Otherworlds Tarot not the Eros Tarot?
You don't seem really excited by this book; well it is in transit towards me currently, I hope I will appreciate it.

Philistine

It is the book with regard to the Pagan Otherworlds Tarot not the Eros Tarot?
You don't seem really excited by this book; well it is in transit towards me currently, I hope I will appreciate it.
Oh, damn, I thought for sure I was still in the Pagan thread (no more late-night posting!), not the Eros thread, but, yes, I'm referring to the Pagan book.

Anyway, I'm glad the deck is as awesome as it is. I'll take that over a book anytime when it comes to tarot. Of course, now I just have greater expectations for the Eros deck!

Philistine

Kickstarter notice

Just got a confirmation this afternoon on the Eros Kickstarter for my shipping address. It said the deck delivers in April now, although in the shipping details it still said it ships February.

Given the delays of the Pagan Otherworlds, I am prepared to accept the April date. Either way, totally amped!

gregory

I received an email from them this morning, and when I logged in the $30 early bird was already gone! That means 25 people had already beaten me to it. Wanna bet that gregory is one of them? ;)
Actually no. I was flat broke at the time and had just had problems (not their fault) receiving Pagan Otherworlds. I hope to snag one of the left overs after the KS ones go out...