Maat Tarot - Study Group

Strange2

Julie Cuccia-Watts has recently (Sept 2006) released hew new deck, the Maat Tarot. This is a beautiful, powerful and unique deck, accompanied by an equally awesome (and big) book.

Click here for images of the Maat Tarot.

There has been some interest expressed in a recent thread on starting a study group for the Maat Tarot. Post here if you are also interested in a Maat Tarot study group.

Also note your preferences on how we should progress through the deck: Majors first, random cards based on individual interest, or perhaps in the lunar calendar order that Julie has devised?

Looking forward to exploring the wonders of Maat with you all!

weaver

Yes!!!!

Count me in! I am altogether smitten with this deck and truly look forward to the opportunity to explore it with others. In terms of how we proceed, I am completely open to whatever approach works best for the most people who are interested in studying the Maat Tarot here.

weaver

Startarot

Great!!

I too am very excited about this study group. I am somewhat inclined to study the Maat in the order that it has been created. But will be happy to study it in any way decided by the group. I am reading the book before I even really try reading with this deck. I feel the need to understand the flowof wheel of the year and the tarot. It certainly is a different approach the the journey.

Blessings,
Star

Saphyne

Yes I'm here, would love to study the Maat. I'm in awe of it. Count me in!

greycats

Most of images in the Maat strike a very sympathetic chord with me. I'd very much like to study them with a group.

WolfSpirit

I would also like a study group for this deck.
I would prefer to do the cards in the order the artist put the cards (connected with the lunar calendar) ~ this is something I know very little about, and it is one of the things that make this deck so special.
But I am ok with another order as well :)

Strange2

WolfSpirit said:
I would prefer to do the cards in the order the artist put the cards (connected with the lunar calendar) ~ this is something I know very little about, and it is one of the things that make this deck so special.

The lunar calendar order of the Maat Tarot definitely attracts me as well. I've been trying to get in tune with a more natural calendar order rather than the bizarre current Gregorian calendar, and studying Maat in this lunar order will help to get me better in synch with the cosmos.

As several of us have expressed this interest in following the order of the cards as presented by Julie Cuccia-Watts, let's start off the study that way. After all, the goddess Maat stands for "correct order". However, anyone should feel free to post on any Maat card in any order, as their interests take them.

Since the moon just entered the first quarter on Sept. 30, I will post a thread on the 3 of Swords to get the study going.

May our study of the Maat Tarot bring us closer to that "ideal state of the universe"!

annik

I haven't received it yet (but it must be a matter of days, now). I would be interested. And I think that going on with the order of lunar calendar is appealing. It will be different than the other decks studies I am on.
As soon as the deck arive, I will jump in.

magpie9

Count me in, too. I kind of wanted a more random--driven by interest/curiosity/etc., which is how the devil spread originated. However, the Calendar she's using kind of baffles me so far, beyond the quarter an Cross-Quarter days--so going in that lunar order (with occasional digressions) makes a lot of sense to me.