chakra spread...bigger than life

azuremariposa

hiya everybody...so, i was sitting here zoning out in front of the 'puter and an idea came to me...ya see, i do these aura readings, but i wondered if i could do something similar w/Tarot...unfortunately it is not an original idea (i did a search), but it is original to me and i wrote it up before i did my little search to see if a chakra spread had been posted before...a 7 card chakra spread had been mentioned before, but it wasn't quite like this...so...
a cautionary note: this spread is frickin' huge and takes up lots of space...you can adjust the layout to suit you and your space (as i did when i did mine)...i think much could be attained simply by laying the last 3 cards, if one didn't want to perform the entire spread...

***15*16*17****
****13*14******
****11*12******
*****9*10******
*****7*8*******
*****5*6*******
*****3*4*******
*****1*2*******

each chakra gets 2 cards...
1st card represents the state of the chakra
2nd card represents the advice for that chakra
if card comes up reversed, it would show energy being blocked or the energy is low

1 & 2 = first chakra -- about how you relate to being in a Physical body.
3 & 4 = second chakra -- about Sex, creativity, and your Inner Child.
5 & 6 = third chakra -- about how you deal with Power, including the use of your mind.
7 & 8 = fourth chakra -- about how you process Emotions.
9 & 10 = fifth chakra -- about your Communication patterns.
11 & 12 = sixth chakra -- about the current state of your Spiritual life.
13 & 14 = seventh chakra -- about the connection of your Soul to the rest of your life.
15, 16 & 17 = your spirit -- some may refer to this as soul instead...follows similar pattern...15 would be the state of...16 would be advice for...17 is to achieve goal of spirit...what you have come into this life to learn...eventual state of being

i know it's really big, and probably unnecessary for most...but i thought of it as a compliment to other things i do...also, i think the last three cards could probably be a reading unto themselves...i'm probably gonna offer this one up in the reading exchange since things have slowed down elsewhere...if anyone is interested, keep an eye peeled...anyone have any thoughts on this?? input or suggestions are always appreciated...thanks!!

many blessings to all!

~azure

p.s. i did a layout for myself, and i was really surprised...it seemed to really hit home and is going to provide lots of fodder for meditation after i absorb it all...:D

Butterfly

Hey, fellow Butterfly!
I really like this, I truly do.... I'm just learning about the subtle energy bodies, beginning to sense auras, and soon to focus on chakras, but I love this spread. Such a good general "getting to know you" spread, but with good theory behind it.
Actually it also brings to mind Maslows hierarchy of needs.
Fly well, Butterfly Blue ;)

jlbvt

Wow, great spread! I have been doing chakra work lately, and I am definitely going to try this spread. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for sharing! JOAN

azuremariposa

cool!

i'm glad you like it Butterfly...i'm really excited about it...(if you can tell)
and thank you, Joan for your compliment as well...definitely let me know how it works for you!! :)
i'm practically chomping at the bit to try it out on someone else, as my reading was very enlightening...but i'm still trying to absorb most of it...maybe later today i will post in the Exchange...;) we'll see...
let me know if you try it Butterfly, and how it works for you!

many blessings!

~azure

HOLMES

ah i use a spread very much like that to that,

however i use this line
root
creative
will
love
peace (the thymus aspects of the charkas systems )
expression
psychic
spiritual.

and i use 3 cards per line.

we got three charkas above our head, however i lost the acess to the knowledge of those charkas so i am currently searching another way so i can learn.

i wanted to say that i agree with the spiritual being above the body as there is much of our soul is. when we sleep we rejoin with it :O) .

i wonder, ,, you thinking of adding in the hara line from barabara ann breen light emerging book.

in it is the hara , ( our intentions on the soul levle ,
the core star (the part of our soul that is manifested in our bodies it is littery in the center of our bodies in a diminsion that defies time and space )
the soul seat ( near the thymus chakra above the heart center,
and the soul id point.

the hara defines our intentions when this is off we dont' know why we are.
the soul seat means a disconnection from the soul it self.
the soul id is our connection to the divine source, with it off we lose connection to the source,
and the soul itself that is in the center can't be hurt or off line,
to connect to it we simply visualize the soul expanding, becoming one with our bodies, our energies and again connecting to the soul above.

azuremariposa

HOLMES! :) had the feeling i would hear from you on this one...

i have read Light Emerging and Hands of Light by Barbara Brennan & thought of incorporating the hara line (could be done quite easily) but when creating this spread, this is what came to me...
i will think more on this and if i change it i will post back...

there are more chakras yes, but they are not "activated" in a great deal of people, therefore i did not include them in this reading (nor do i include them in my aura readings)...they are there, but are not as energized at the 7 below...

also, you said you pull three cards for each chakra...do you assign particular meaning to them? or do you just pull those three for an overview??

:D thanks for your input...i appreciate it greatly!!

many blessings!

~azure

HOLMES

ah,,

for myself once i learn of these light centers above the body , :O)
i will incorpate them.

but here is how i see it , if one incorpates the hara line and soul center.

1.soul id point
spiritual center,
psychic center
expression

2. soul seat
peace center
love center
will center
0. soul

3. hara line
creative
root

or

========== 1.soul id point
------------------------------- spiritual center,
---------------------------------psychic center
--------------------------------- expression

======== 2. soul seat
--------------------------------- peace center
---------------------------------love center
---------------------------------will center
0. soul

========3. hara line
---------------------------------creative
----------------------------------root

when i am use this i relate to a three card story ,, then i notice that as the card relate,

let say at the will center there is the death card, and above that in the love center there is lovers,
and below the at the creative center umm 3 of swords,

and to the side of the death is queen of cups, and let us say 8 fo swords ,, this is all made up at this point

one can say you willing a transfromation in yoru life, for there is a woman who is in your will center , testing your will, and the 8 of swords says you are holding yourself back.
but at the creative center you can clearly see that i s due to past pain that that you do this and that has stoped you from being creative in your life.
and look at the lovers !! your heart so much wants to love this person, allow the transfromaing power of death fo of old ideals to take place, :O)

azuremariposa

very, very interesting!!

i can definitely "see" it!

thank you, HOLMES, for sharing that...:)

you are most definitely "the squirrel of light" ;)

many blessings to you!

~azure

biddy9

I definitely like the use of reversals to indicate blockages or low energy - excellent way of using reversals!

Biddy
http://www.biddytarot.com

Little Hare

I'm not normally into massive spreads, But i'm interested in this one... I always thought though that the 1st chakra dealt with matters of sexuality?

I'm going to try this out a little later on