Abandoned House Dream Interpretation

siren85

I guess this is the right forum to ask this in? anyway, lately I have been having alot of dreams concerning an empty, abandoned house... a recurring dream I guess you could say.

so the other night, I had a dream where I walked into this old, haunted house... I was looking for someone I believe... there were 1 or 2 other people in the house that I was following for some reason. anyway, I remember seeing the imprint of a ghost behind an orange curtain... lol, whatever. but after I left the house, I ran into a guy who pulled me aside and we started talking... I can't remember any of the details of the conversation though. but anyway, I remember he kissed me and he said something about us being together forever or whatever. there was a very strong feeling of love between us. then I left and ran into my family who said "You're in love!" or something like that. and that was pretty much the end.

now I have read that sometimes houses represent your emotional or psychological self... but I am having a difficult time figuring this out. am I emotionally 'empty'... is there a relationship coming up for me in the near future? (I have been single for awhile now) or is this just wishful thinking? I don't know...

here's an interpretation I found online that's kind of interesting:
To see an old, run-down house in your dream, represents your old beliefs, attitudes and how you used to think or feel.

To dream of a haunted house signifies unfinished emotional business, related to your childhood family or repressed memories and feelings.

memries

Sorry I cannot read it in that color. Maybe some others will be able to.

willowfox

Perhaps it is time for you to come out of your shell and join the festivities of everyday life that you are now missing out on.

Milfoil

siren85 said:
so the other night, I had a dream where I walked into this old, haunted house... I was looking for someone I believe... there were 1 or 2 other people in the house that I was following for some reason. anyway, I remember seeing the imprint of a ghost behind an orange curtain... lol, whatever. but after I left the house, I ran into a guy who pulled me aside and we started talking... I can't remember any of the details of the conversation though. but anyway, I remember he kissed me and he said something about us being together forever or whatever. there was a very strong feeling of love between us. then I left and ran into my family who said "You're in love!" or something like that. and that was pretty much the end.

now I have read that sometimes houses represent your emotional or psychological self... but I am having a difficult time figuring this out. am I emotionally 'empty'... is there a relationship coming up for me in the near future? (I have been single for awhile now) or is this just wishful thinking? I don't know...

Yes, often buildings do represent our psychological self and an old, empty house would suggest that you have been experiencing this emptiness for some time. If this were your home, what would you do to transform it and make it beautiful?

Since the people in our dreams often symbolise aspects of ourselves, this lover is offering you the chance to start to love and appreciate yourself a bit more. Its a wonderful experience to fully appreciate who we are.

If this were my dream I would be looking forward to and actively seeking how I can appreciate myself more, what I can do to change my life in positive ways, fill my 'house' with beautiful things and bring new meaning back to my life.

The ghosts don't seem to frighten you any more, you seem to be moving forward in a positive direction. :)

siren85

sorry memries. I wonder why you can't read colors? hmm. I changed it anyways.

so you think its representing self-love? that I need to love myself? I guess I haven't really appreciated myself as much as I could have. and I've delt with depression pretty much all my life, and that often leads to a negative view of yourself, the world, ect. so I guess that could explain the 'emptiness' that I feel.

I was thinking about it, and I wonder if another interpretation would be.... I need to leave behind my old attitudes and ways of thinking/feeling (leaving the abandoned house) if I want to find love (meeting the guy outside the house)? Idk.

Milfoil

Oh absolutely. This is your dream and you will be the very best person to know what it means to you. That deep down, gut feeling that your dream means this to you is most likely correct.

All in all, I would say that you have a promising time ahead if you choose it and I dearly hope that Mr right is just around the corner. :)

siren85

thanks memries. I hope so too! lol ;)