Your interpretations of the cards.

Nightgarden

The Thoth was my first deck and it's the only deck, that I use for clients.
I read anywhere: "Thoth (Tarot) is magic, all others are only Tarot's!"
Love all the court cards very much and the "High Priestess".

Durant Hapke

house of hay...

Brothers, and Sisters,

Wise Lille hit it Jack bird right regarding the funky fools pig nose -- I've been dreaming of that dude smoking and building a house out of straw (or wood, or bricks.... Guess his choice would be wood -- best not smoke in bed).

I'm a new arrival to the Thoth party.

I had tried to avoid it, as these card did (and still do) intimidate and scar me.

I see a kind of madness in the deck -- not a dark kind of crazy, but rather a desperation to communicate -- communicate notions so vast and grand that the cards seem tormented and cracker headed by their very existence.

I know these feelings very well.

Time to pour one, I'll get back at some point with a favorite of the moment...

Durant "keep your sketches in a safe place" Hapke

afrosaxon

I'm new to the Thoth party too! I haven't done any real readings with it, mainly because I don't know what to ask (I've had several readings recently). But I am liking the imagery and I am reading up on the Kabbalah. I found a very cool website that explains the Kabbalah clearly, and that site also utilizes the Thoth (which is what inspired me to finally purchase this deck).

T.

minrice

This one is so next on my list. The feel of it is just so intriguing and mysterious, and I love the fact that it's packed with symbolism. I think it opens up a whole new world for the Tarot.

JohnOdin

I've been studying the Thoth for a couple of weeks now. I'm drawn towards The Hermit, even without the book the help me i find it so deep and rich in symbolism.

thorhammer

Durant Hapke said:
I see a kind of madness in the deck -- not a dark kind of crazy, but rather a desperation to communicate -- communicate notions so vast and grand that the cards seem tormented and cracker headed by their very existence.
I see what you see, DH. Each card is a two-dimensional thing imprisoning a screaming, raging, unknowable pan-dimensional entity. It screams in my mind, has done since I got it months ago.

I'm not intimidated by it . . . more daunted. I look into the face of the abyss here, and it shows me eternity.

How can I exist in the face of that?

\m/ Kat

ravenest

Durant Hapke said:

Yeah! An acid filled 'Grass of the Arabians', wow, everything IS connected madness. A, "sh1t I cant even read tarot at the markets today" madness of interconectivity fuelled by going down the Capricorn line through all the Rites of Eleusis parts ... crowned by playing Pan madness. A fracturing, this is BS but no, it still all fits perfectly apart together fractured, unseperable madness. A Flick it! I will will take cactus juice and and STAY in the desert until I see the visions madness ..... a not mad enough madness.
Durant Hapke said:
Durant "keep your sketches in a safe place" Hapke

"Crowley went out to the kitchen and I amused myself by looking through his books on the library shelf. I found a document folder and started leafing through some sketches for a new Liber " (Liber Tahuti ... aka 'the Qllipoth') ..." Crowley enterd, saw what I was doing and bellowed . "CLOSE THAT BOOK! It is dangerous to even look upon." - Grady McMurtry, verbal.

(Although they reprinted them in Magick Book IV ;) )

Yygdrasilian

The Mystery Book of the Ancients

Crowley cracked the cipher that had jumbled the glyphic and numerical attributions of the cards. The pictures he developed with Lady Frida Harris help as a primer in reading these hieroglyphics. When organized in the proper sequence of constellations, these alchemical formulae are thus rendered intelligible. Learn how to read this book and you'll know why Crowley called it Thoth's.