Daily Reading to Learn Tarot

Shesawolf

While almost asleep last night, I came up with a simple 3 card spread to help me learn the Tarot deeper (which, as we know, is a continual - if not life-long - process!)

Traditionally, when trying to delve deeper into the Tarot it's suggested that you do a daily reading with either a single card or a ppf spread. Drawn randomly, it has occured to me that it would take "forever" before each of the cards would be read in any one position (the scientific half of my brain spins at the thought of the statistical improbablity)... So, I'm pretty sure that this spread is a result of me being a bit impatient for each card to 'randomly' fall into place (and maybe a bit of a result of how brilliant I am right before I fall asleep! <hee hee>)

For this spread, I've divided the deck into Majors, Minors, and Court cards. I then shuffle each stack seperately and draw a single card....

..1.. (Major)
..2.. (Court)
..3.. (Minor)

In position 1, I'll draw a Major that represents a lesson or situation for the day.
The goal is to deepen my understanding of each Major by relating one to my life daily.

Position 2, I'll draw a Court card that represents someone I'll come in contact with, or something I'll learn about myself or someone I know that day.
The goal is to better learn how to directly associate the Court cards with people and personalities.

And for position 3, I'll draw a card from the Minors to represent obsticles or advice for the day.
The goal is to learn how the Minors can be associated to everyday and/or mundane circumstances.

Any comments are appreciated!

Phoenix Rising

Daily spread

hey that's a good idea I'll give that a try, as I'm drawing 3 cards each day as it is randomly for morning, noon and night, I'm then writing those cards in my daily journal, and at the end of the day I write in all the things that have happened and then I relate it to the cards. I've noticed alot of 9 cards seem to be reoccuring too.

thanatos

I am about to start to do a daily reading in order to better understand what I am doing and I plan on useing numbers .... for instance at about 1 am ( AU est) I was out haveing a smoke and seven cars went past an intersection that at this time of night normaly has only 1 or 2 but these seven can in a run ..... I plan on dealing out 6 cards and useing the 7th as the "reading" card

Nitegoddess

Shesawolf,
That sounds great. I am trying to learn a new deck and I am going to try this spread. I will post again at the end of the day to tell you what happened.
Thanks for the great idea :D

Simone

The idea is great! Thanks for sharing it, I believe it can be very useful, for the purpose of learning.

For myself, I just see one minor setback: Lazy as I am ;) , I think I would not want to separate the cards each and every day again (for I'll re-shuffle them for other readings, maybe).... but that's only from my point of view, I know not everyone is as lazy as I am :laugh:

Love
Simone

poivre

I have never see this or thought of it.
Good idea!

Shesawolf

Simone said:
...For myself, I just see one minor setback: Lazy as I am ;) , I think I would not want to separate the cards each and every day again (for I'll re-shuffle them for other readings, maybe)....

I can very much relate! That's exactly why I'm using a second deck that stays sorted ;-)

Nitegoddess

march 15

Did the three card this morning and this is what was drawn:

World Tree
Page of Discs
9 of cups.

On the way to work. Let's see how these are incorporated in my daily life today.

Shesawolf

March 15

Thanks Nitegoddess, it'll be interesting to see!

Here's mine for today...

1. The Web (Justice)
2. Queen of Disks Rx
3. 7 of Disks

I'll relate tonight...

13thFaeChylde

I love this method :)

Today, I drew:

Death
King of Swords
10 of Cups

Very interesting! Will see what the day brings.