What does it mean for a relationship that is facing the tower?

MDJD

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering what the meaning of the tower card when asked about a relationship outcome in the next two months. What my understanding is that the couple is going to face truth and reality? But it also means break up right? What does truth and reality mean?

I know there are meanings I could look up, but I was wondering since many people here have dealt with Tarot more than me, I was curious on what your actual real life outcomes have been when you have seen a similar spread.

Thanks!

rwcarter

Welcome to Aeclectic, MDJD!

It doesn't necessarily mean a breakup, but there will probably be something that shakes the foundation of the relationship. Whether or not that something is strong enough to end the relationship and/or the relationship is strong enough to withstand that shakeup isn't answered by the Tower. An ugly truth or weakness in the relationship may come to light.

Also, something may throw both people for a loop (there are two people being thrown from the tower), like an unexpected pregnancy.

HTH,
Rodney

PAMUYA

There are many things, some are:

suddenly realizing the truth, finding out something that was hidden
suffering a blow to the ego, erupting in anger, having plans disrupted.

You would have to use your intuition. Normally this is something that is sudden, without warning. This card will change the relationship in good or bad ways. I have had relationships survive the tower and become a much stronger relationship. , but it will go through suffering and changes.

MDJD

Thanks. In my noviceness, the Tower card is usually bringer of upheaval and unless the person or persons are emotionally ready or mature enough or actually wanting enough to withstand sudden lightening coming down from the heavens, it's usually negative.

The meaning of the tower card gets changed by the surrounding cards, for instance, if there was a 8 of cups near by, that would not the best sign for continuation of a relationship, and likewise a positive card would change the sharpness of the tower, right?

Thanks guys:)

BeyondtheVeil

My thoughts on the Tower....

MDJD said:
Thanks. In my noviceness, the Tower card is usually bringer of upheaval and unless the person or persons are emotionally ready or mature enough or actually wanting enough to withstand sudden lightening coming down from the heavens, it's usually negative.

In this particular spread, there also the card of walking away. That's probably not the best sign for continuation of a relationship if there is an 8 of cups near by, right?

The question that was asked is what is going to happen to this particular relationship in the next couple months?

Thanks guys:)

I think you answered your own question. :)

I think it is definitely about breaking the foundation of something that wasn't solid to begin with. That doesn't mean that you can't 'rebuild", but that things will collapse/sudden change because it has to. It is only negative if there was/is real denial or a sudden change that people can't deal with.

For example.. A relationship that NEEDS a Tower card because the current way/path is just not working. While it will 'destroy" and shake up the relationship, the Tower would give it a way to start over. In other situations, the starting over could be alone/breakup. The Tower usually isn't a positive outcome card for a relationship, but it doesn't have to be if the couple can work through it and adapt.

The Tower card can mean really intense emotions {positive} for feelings that someone may feel for another. Or an intense sexual attraction.

We didn't know there were other cards, but if the 8 of Cups were present also... I would say someone walks away. It is not for certain if it is perm. though. Like if someone was cheating and was actually sorry. The other party would be mad/hurt/etc, but may later decide to forgive and make up. So while they may walk away initially.. it doesn't mean they can't or won't work it out later.

It could also mean that someone has strong sexual attraction to someone, but decides to walk away from those feelings. {Like with someone tempted to cheat}.

These are my thoughts on the Tower card. I hope that I have helped you some. :)
BeyondtheVeil

Nytebugg

The tower can be a card of mixed blessings that can take you completely by surprise or out of the blue. it can mean the tear down of old ways to rebuild a new relationship with this person. A baby can be a tower moment. The tower can be lots of sexual energy and not much more holding the relationship up beyond that.

willowfox

I think you may find that the relationship goes super nova between now and November and then has a major meltdown.

In other words, it will fall apart.

MDJD

Thank you everyone. I appreciate your guidance:)

BeyondtheVeil

MDJD said:
Thank you everyone. I appreciate your guidance:)

You are very welcome! :heart: Please make sure to come back to update us! :)

nisaba

If it were my relationship, I'd be bracing myself for whatever comes. The whole thing about the Tower, is that the nature of the upheaval is unpredictable. It could even be something non-relationship in origin affecting the relationship, like eviction or someone being fired or something. You won't know until the Tower starts to crumble in your lives.

So the only really useful advice I could give would be for both people to brace themselves, and get ready to ride it out, whatever it turns out to be.