Yes or No?

c0de

Does anyone know a good yes or no spread? Preferably one that will say yes or no, but tell the querent what they must do to acheive this answer and what may be blocking the way.

Shesawolf

For a Yes/No spread, I'd recommend a simple 3-card spread that I found in the book "Tarot for Yourself" by Mary K. Greer...

This spread uses card reversals to help in determining the answer...

****1*************2*************3*****
(counts once)***(counts twice)***(counts once)
***PAST*********PRESENT*******FUTURE**

Count all uprights and reversals (counting the middle card twice)... if you arrive at a tie: "a) the outcome is as yet undetermined; b) your best interests are not served by an answer at this time; or c) your question is not appropriately or clearly stated.

After determining the answer read the cards and their advice in terms of Past, Present, Future (or any other chosen variation of the 3 card spread).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also...
I have the Quest Tarot deck, and each of the court cards has a symbol (looks like 2 daggers) on the top of each card.

These cards allow you to ask direct yes-and-no questions. Your answer will be clearly displayed on the card or cards you draw.

c0de

Do uprights count as a yes?

Theia

The yes no one looks interesting I think I will have to give that one a try.

Shesawolf

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by c0de
Do uprights count as a yes?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oops... Yes, uprights are counted as yesses.

miss_apples

Heres the yes/no spread that I use.

First you pull out your significator card, even if your asking a question for someone else you still use your card because youre the one asking the question. Heres what the spread looks like.....
s=significator card

---S----1----

2-----3-----4-----5-----6-----7

card #1 counts twice. If a majority of the cards are upright, the awnser is yes, if a majority of the cards are reversed the awnser is no. If they are equal then its a maybe or you are not meant to know the awnser just yes. But more important than the yes/no awnser is what the individula cards say. They will give you some insight on your situation.

Agathe

I personally use 3 cards spread.

--> 1..2..3 - yes
--> 1..2..3rx - yes but...
--> 1..2rx..3rx - no but...
--> 1rx...2rx...3rx - no

HOWEVER, I always read the cards no matter their position, as sometimes they say more than that and this way (as presented above) of saying yes and no does not work at all. "Listen" to what your cards want to tell you and you'll know if it's yes or no :)

Blessings,
Agathe

Inana

For yes/no questions I use only one card readings with no reversals. Usually that's enough to know the answer and also gives some information about how or why its that way. Keep it simple, is the best. ;)

About telling the querent how to achieve that answer (or how avoid it) here you have a spread i gathered on the net. I dont remember where or who is the author, sorry. It has five cards:

1- 3- 4- 5- 2

1- Where you are now (situation, present)
2- Where you want to go (goal, future, the answer)
3-4- 5 - The path or the bridge needed to cross to achieve your destination (what is needed to do)

Hope this helps.

michmm

hey guys, these are really good spreads! i will try each and every one of these yes/no spreads...
any other inputs?

firecatpickles

Agathe said:
--> 1..2..3 - yes
--> 1..2..3rx - yes but...
--> 1..2rx..3rx - no but...
--> 1rx...2rx...3rx - no
This is a really interesting way of answering "yes/no," something I hate doing but something which people insist on. Nice compromise! TY, Agathe...

KK