Elemental Pentagram and Sword spreads?

Vita-morte

I found two new spreads at tarotspreads.com and on this forum, but I would like opinons of them they are the Elemental Pentagram and the Sword. I like the looks of them, but I'd like to hear more experienced voices on this...Thanks

wavebreaker

Could you please provide a link to the spreads you mention, or copy them here?

Vita-morte

Sorry, Tarotlady, I suppose that would make things easier!

The Sword Spread:

1.The heart of the matter
2.Your starting point
3.Your support/ base/ foundation
4.Your chance/ what will aid you
5.A problem that's being solved
6.A desire that's being fufilled
7.New knowledge and insights

The Elemental Pentagram:

1. Spirit. How the querent interacts with the spiritual environment
2. Air. The querent's intellect
3. Water. The querent's emotions and desires
4. Earth. How the querent interacts with the physical environment
5. Fire. The querents passions and energies

I tried the elemental pentagram and to be honest I got very little out of it although I will give it one more try.

jamesriouxctm

Hello,

Just wanted to comment on the "Elemental Pentagram" spread, because this is similar (if not actually identical) to a spread I developed called the Elemental Pentacle and which can be found on my website at
http://jamesriouxctm.tripod.com/tarot/spreads.html

My version is meant to be used with elemental dignities fully enabled; that is to say, the positions actually have an assigned dignity and will modify the strength of the cards that land in them. Wands cards are weak in position 3 but great in position 5, for instance. I explain this in more detail on the website itself. If you're not familiar with elemental dignities you can still use the spread, of course, but it may lose some of its impact.

(Incidentally, I don't usually visit this particular forum; I hit it by accident on my way to "Using Tarot Cards". What are the odds of such an "accident" happening right when one of my spreads was being discussed? [insert Twlight Zone theme...])

Fulgour

jamesriouxctm said:
Hello,

Just wanted to comment on the "Elemental Pentagram" spread, because this is similar (if not actually identical) to a spread I developed called the Elemental Pentacle and which can be found on my website at
http://jamesriouxctm.tripod.com/tarot/spreads.html

My version is meant to be used with elemental dignities fully enabled; that is to say, the positions actually have an assigned dignity and will modify the strength of the cards that land in them. Wands cards are weak in position 3 but great in position 5, for instance. I explain this in more detail on the website itself. If you're not familiar with elemental dignities you can still use the spread, of course, but it may lose some of its impact.

(Incidentally, I don't usually visit this particular forum; I hit it by accident on my way to "Using Tarot Cards". What are the odds of such an "accident" happening right when one of my spreads was being discussed? [insert Twlight Zone theme...])
Thank you, and I enjoyed visiting your website. Can you tell me if you have developed this method further, as there appear to have been no updates to your site since 08/2001. This is more than likely something you have expanded since that time, and there are many possibilities that might be explored in greater detail concerning particulars, especially along the fully enabled theme.