Background info or not?

The crowned one

No, not for the initial reading. Sometimes my clients are COMPELLED to give me the background info after I read for them, which is okay, because then we can address those specific issues if they want to.

I tend to agree with this as I prefer to divine, or fortune tell. I use the opening statements of the sitter vague or otherwise( it's their reading I let them say what they will) I use the vague question/ my initial card interpretation response as a criterion for the rest of the reading, sort of GD'ish... if it a mile off, we are done.

tarotbear

I am one of those VERY ANNOYING SITTERS who never HAVE a question.... :D

Sorry, Gregory - I have to laugh! I mean - you (royal you) are consciously going to a reader to have a reading ... don't you have a reason to pay for getting that reading...? I think there is a 'group mind' aspect to going to a reader - a group of friends says "Let's get our cards done!" so you all pile in a car and go see the local reader. I can see possibly you get caught up in the moment and don't have a concrete question to ask. But to say 'I WANT a tarot reading on Tuesday' and walk in with the old 'deer in the headlights look' just doesn't make complete sense.