Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

AnneLien

Miss Divine said:
Trust me when I say it looks gorgeous now:);)

Just take the plunge and trim it, you won't regret it.

I trimmed my magical forest, totally regret it, can't use it now because I regret it so badly :'(

bilberrywaffle

Miss Divine said:
Trust me when I say it looks gorgeous now:);)

Just take the plunge and trim it, you won't regret it.

I've actually never trimmed a deck before. When I get the time and courage, I'll try triming it. I love the artwork on its own, so it probably will turn out well.

Now I'll have to get used to not using the borders/labels as a crutch. The LoS borders distract me greatly. I've actually got the German titles of all the cards memorised from how many times I've used my Tarot of the Sweet Twilight. (I put my cards back "in order" after every reading so sort of "officially close" the reading.) I think I'd rather have the picture be bigger than such a big bulky border. But at least in that deck the border colour compliments the cards. For the Magical Forest is doesn't really do anything. So much, in fact, I couldn't bring myself to buy the deck even though I fell in love with the artwork and creepy cute animals.

MysticalMoose

A more recent deck I couldn't take to was The Sun & Moon, I don't actually "regret" buying it tho because it came in handy as part of a trade in which I got my lovely Buckland Romani :) - I loved the scans of the Sun & Moon, thought the Spud-People were cute & loved the blues & greens of the Cups suit when I looked thru the deck & I really liked the solid feel of the cardstock, but when it came to reading with it... "MEH" all the cards in each suit looked the same & those keywords irritated the life of me so back in the cabinet it went with a big "harrumph"! until it found a new loving home that is :D

OctoberGwen

AnneLien said:
I trimmed my magical forest, totally regret it, can't use it now because I regret it so badly :'(

Oh dear, that's terrible. I'm sorry to hear that. {{{AnneLien}}}

Thankfully I don't have ANY regret buys lately. I think I'm finally becoming more discerning as a tarot buyer.

strings of life

evelone said:
Hang on to that Oracle of the Radient Sun. It's out of print and there are people out there who want it. Make a star next to it on your deck list, in your profile, indicating it's up for trade. Or join Trade Train: they're lots of fun.
We are actually working something out for it :). I have a deck that she wants :thumbsup:. I missed out on a recent sale here and am quite happy. AT is a nice place.

I don't have any regrets, but i'll add most of the decks that I haven't connected with have been traded if sold. Some examples:

- The Fey: so many people love that deck. I felt like I was looking at a bad Disney cartoon

- Tarot of the Sweet Twilight: liked it when I traded for it, tried to use it and couldn't take it seriously

- Hanson-Roberts: too happy and plain creepy. I'm being sarcastic, but I realy disliked this deck as soon as I got it

- Robin Wood: see Hanson-Roberts

- DruidCraft: I felt like some of the proportions were off. And that Hanged Man...

Stormdancer

evelone said:
Hang on to that Oracle of the Radient Sun. It's out of print and there are people out there who want it. Make a star next to it on your deck list, in your profile, indicating it's up for trade. Or join Trade Train: they're lots of fun.
This is VERY true about the deck, but you need to be a subscriber for those parts of the forum, right??

Vesper

You can list all your decks in your profile without being a subscriber. And the Trade Trains are open to all. (they're under Tarot Fun & Games.)

strings of life

That and there are often side trades here. Who are we kidding. But this is all very OT.

Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought? Someone has to go after me :).

Miss Divine

bilberrywaffle said:
I've actually never trimmed a deck before. When I get the time and courage, I'll try triming it. I love the artwork on its own, so it probably will turn out well.

Now I'll have to get used to not using the borders/labels as a crutch. The LoS borders distract me greatly. I've actually got the German titles of all the cards memorised from how many times I've used my Tarot of the Sweet Twilight. (I put my cards back "in order" after every reading so sort of "officially close" the reading.) I think I'd rather have the picture be bigger than such a big bulky border. But at least in that deck the border colour compliments the cards. For the Magical Forest is doesn't really do anything. So much, in fact, I couldn't bring myself to buy the deck even though I fell in love with the artwork and creepy cute animals.

It was only my second deck I trimmed. I trimmed the Universal Waite first, and it was so much easier than I thought. Just make sure you have large sharp scissors. And take your time! I did it on a sunny afternoon in my backyard.:D
I have no regrets whatsoever! I too found those borders taking away from the beautiful artwork.

Miss Divine

AnneLien said:

Aww, why do you regret it?