Lovers, 2 cups and 10 cups

raki_h

Can I ask something and I am very new to the tarot journey. Can the cards above ever mean anything else but reconciling of past relationships. When it comes up continuosly using various relationship spreads?

Is there another interpretation?

Nuncle

Hi raki_h. Welcome to Aeclectic Tarot. I hope you enjoy your stay.

These cards certainly could indicate other things. What they mean depends in part on whether the cards were pulled together as part of a spread or individually at different times.

The Lovers can be about making choices or about unions of various kinds. The 2 of Cups is a new beginning, maybe a reconciliation, but it's about emotional union and duality. It can be about falling in love. The 10 of Cups is the "you've got it all" type of card. This is a crad that comes after meeting or reconciliation, I think. It shows familym fullness, completion, satisfaction. But I think it can also be a bit illusory: a rainbow is an awfully difficult thing to live up to; what's on the other side of the rainbow, is it wish fulfillment; and as a 10 it is also transitional.

So, certainly the cards mean far more than reconciliation. One card that often seems to refer to rekindling an old relationship is the 6 of Cups. But it als depends on context of the other cards, on the question asked, and on the spread.

Hope that helps.

Nuncle

Greywoolfe

In addition to what Nuncle said, the Two of Cups can also signify a deeper understanding, or growing relationship, between your conscious and spiritual self. It was this meaning that led to me deciding upon this username.

:T2C

raki_h

Excellent

Thank you so much guys. I've wondered why these cards came up constantly.

rainwolf

Reconciling a past relationship seems like the least it could mean.

The two of cups shows people meeting and exchanging emotions.
The 10 of cups is about being bored because everything is so stable.
The lovers deals with the dichotomies in life, and what our choices do in the future.

raki_h

rainwolf

Thanks for your reply, its good to have another perspective as I have been taught other wise. But I am going by intuition, so am going by what the cards tell me. Sometimes it can be quite scary :)