A new de-enabling thread

magpie9

The crowned one said:
De laurence 1918 and 60

The only BOTA I want is a 30's one...I just love the feel of these old decks.

No need to de-enable me of the new stuff LOL
TCO, have you really thought this out? Think of the damage to your Beer and Building budget!!:eek:

magpie9

Estensi & Comparative

Golden tarot of the renaissance (Estensi Tarot)
The minors. Never mind the recently emasculated 2 wands :)bugeyed:) and the exploding head (the deck was drawn pre-aspirin) Think about this. The minors have no discernible system. They are not RWS based, or anything else based. They are the artist-is-wrecked based. You can't read with them unless you're wrecked on whatever the artist was on. Fagetaboutit! Could be Belladonna, Datura, home brew....opium. This deck is not worth your health and sanity!

Comparative Tarot http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/comparative/
Just look at it. The Universal---a crappy rip-off of the RWS. A nondescript Marseilles. the Sphinx, an undecipherable Egyptian based deck. And best of all, Tarot of the Origins. Soooo ug-ly. Brutish. Weird, stupendously sexist, LOOK AT THE WOMEN! Nekked and busty. Bad hair days, but otherwise nekkid and Busty. But very very stupid, since the men would be improved by a train wreck. What are they doing with those ugly idiots with clubs, who get to wear the clothes? Why haven't they left? I refuse to believe I am descended from these creatures. You will loose all self respect if you spend too much time with this deck.
Don't say I didn't warn you.
You wanna do comparative tarot? Take out 4 (or more) of your decks, put them in the same order and compare your little heart out! Simple. Easy. No cost. And you get to choose the ones you want to compare.

Thoth - German Language edition (I have several other Thoth decks, I speak no German but it seemed like a good idea at the time)
You are kidding, right? Abandon that baaaad baby at the nearest Hospital door before it debauches your other decks!

The crowned one

magpie9 said:
TCO, have you really thought this out? Think of the damage to your Beer and Building budget!!:eek:

Into my Beer fund???? screw those decks! :D

gregory

Aerin said:
ps Can anyone de-enable me from the Transparent? It is so expensive and I am torn between not wanting to spend the money at present and missing out.
Someone says the pix scratch off......

This worries me, as mine is on the way, and I am beginning to wonder if it's true.

Save yourself this worry. RESIST !

I have beer right beside me. GOOD ONE !

cardlady22

I think the Transparent would make me feel like I was back in the community college auditorium. *shudder* All those neatly printed transparencies being whisked on and off the projector. (anyone remember that sound? or worse, having to give a presentation and feel them/stack them back up?) Too bad we didn't have cell phones with cameras back then . . .

Sidhe-Ra

It'll make your other decks jealous...;)

gregory

Ooh yes - that too. Because it is see through and they want to be !

Sidhe-Ra

And because none of the others can be read with in the bath...(no I haven't tried that yet but I might!!!)

I'm going to go away now before I get told off...

P.S. I'm not sure that bath idea is a good one. Don't try it at home kids!!! At least not until I have...

sapienza

sapienza said:
Ok, so this is a bit of an unorthodox de-enabling request but I need some help. I've been having a huge clean-out the last week or so. I have boxes of stuff I'm getting rid of and I've culled some of my tarot collection which I'll either give to friends or trade or whatever. There are a couple of decks in my 'get rid of' pile and I keep wanting to take them out dispite the fact that I never use them. Not using them is one thing but I'm hoping for some other good reasons NOT to keep the following decks in my collection (I hope this makes sense).

Arthurian Tarot card and book set by Caitlin and John Matthews
New Century Tarot
Golden tarot of the renaissance (Estensi Tarot)
Comparative Tarot
Fatima Oracle Cards (Lenormand style by Lo Scarabeo)
Soul Cards
Thoth - German Language edition (I have several other Thoth decks, I speak no German but it seemed like a good idea at the time)

Thanks in advance for any help :) Oh, and if there is any great reason why I shouldn't part with these (ie. they are OOP or something) please PM me ;)

Ok, I'm definitely happy to ditch the Golden tarot of the renaissance (Estensi Tarot). It's awful, I've never looked at it, I didn't pay for it and I'm sure I'll never use it. GONE!!!

Same with the Comparative. It's so hideous, everything magpie said is true, I know this and that's why it's never been used. OUT!!!

German Thoth - not even sure what I was thinking (and Kat, I've already gone down the same road as you....I have 5 others and one still sealed- it's an illness). Another one to GO!!!

The Fatima Oracle, well, you are all right, it's an oracle and really pointless for me as I don't read Lenormand cards and if I did I have two other versions which are much nicer..... GONE!!!

The New Century Tarot....this is another one I got as a gift my husband picked up in a clearance sale. It's pretty awful, I've never read with it.... Why the hell would I keep it???? I think it's time to say GOODBYE!!! More deenabling with this one would be great though.

I'm still undecided about the Soul Cards (I'd always wanted them but since getting them have never used them....they are kind of ugly.....) UNDECIDED!!!

Finally, the Arthurian.....I'm not sure I'm going to be able to let this go. I've not used it yet but I do like Myth based decks. I have to say the backs are possibly the WORST I've ever seen. I'm on the fence with this one, but probably will end up keeping it unless someone can give me some really good reasons to let it go.

Thanks for all your help so far. I've got my local tarot meeting here in a couple of weeks and we are having a give-away/trade day so I'll probably take them to that unless anyone desperately wants them.......Kat??? :laugh:

Cat*

sapienza said:
There are a couple of decks in my 'get rid of' pile and I keep wanting to take them out dispite the fact that I never use them. Not using them is one thing but I'm hoping for some other good reasons NOT to keep the following decks in my collection (I hope this makes sense).
[...]
I know what's going on here. You secretly think, "I'll keep the German edition, 'cause one day I'll start to learn German, and how cool will it be if I can then read my German language Thoth deck?!"

Believe a German native speaker: the German on the German language Thoth is not what you'll want to get as a reward for learning German. The keywords are even worse in German than they are in English. If you spoke German, you'd trim them off, too, just as I did.

(And if you feel a deep need to have a German language deck, why not buy one from a German language deck artist with the money you earned from selling off your pile of decks? That would at least save you bad translations.)

ETA: cross-posting with sapienza