Golden Tarot

Agathe

OMG...can you get this deck somewhere?!?!?!?! This is the first time I have seen it and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agathe

Khatruman

Agathe said:
OMG...can you get this deck somewhere?!?!?!?! This is the first time I have seen it and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agathe
I know there are a lot of posts to slog through, but the gist of it is that it looks to be released in early February. You can get it through the usual sites: Tarot Garden, Amazon, or whereever you may normally buy decks.

We are all anxiously awaiting the deck to get our grubby little paws on it..})

lark

Khatruman said:
We are all anxiously awaiting the deck to get our grubby little paws on it..})
With all the gold thats supposed to be on this deck I'm washing my paws first before I open the box! :D

Agathe

Which deck are you talking about. I'm confused a bit now. The thread is about Golden deck and I meant Lover's Path Tarot. It's sooooooo beautiful.

Blessings,
Agathe

retrokat

Someone should start a thread now for Kris Waldherr's Lover's Path, eh? :)

Kris told me it's due out this year. Let's hope hers doesn't also get held up in production. Like my deck, it should be available through all the usual outlets when it's released.

Also like my deck, being web masters we put our work online as soon as we've finished it - and unfortunately the real-world publishing process is a LOT slower than the web. Hence people get their expectations up and no doubt end up frustrated at being able to see something that they can't actually get their paws on for ages! Sorry! The only solution for us would be to keep it secret, but part of my motivation (and I expect Kris's) in creating work is to share it, so of course we put it online to show people, to get feedback and the like.

Why not email her and tell her how much you like it? As US Games' top selling artist/author she may be too busy to answer you, but I'm sure she still enjoys getting such emails :D

contrascarpe

OK, I am going to have to stay away from this site. I just preordered this deck after going through the cards on their website.

These cards are beautiful! The artwork is extraordinary.

I haven't gone through all 19 pages of the posts here (yet) so pardon my laziness if I am asking a redundant questions - will there be a book accompanying this deck at some point? I would be interested not so much for interpretations as this appears to be standard RWS fair, but I would love more background on the origins of the artwork.

Thanks,
Dan

contrascarpe

Oops, sorry, this was a double post - having problems with my computer today.

I answered my own question. After reading through the posts, this looks like it will be a great addition to my growing collection.

Dan

Aure

So what's the deal with the Golden Tarot? Is it going to be published or not?

Seems that U.S. Games is late this year since they haven't been able to publish the Golden Tarot or pocket edition of the Universal Waite on time...

Kissa

The deck is real, don't worry!

Aure said:
So what's the deal with the Golden Tarot? Is it going to be published or not?

Oh yes, it will!

It is available on pre-order from amazon.com, and there was also a pre-ordering list on tarotgarden. There is some delay in the publishing but as kat said, she'd better see any eventual problem corrected before the decks are released than having to face disappointed customers. I feel it is the right attitude.

You'd better pre-order a copy, i have the strong feeling that the first edition is going to be out of stock very soon.

This deck looks beautiful and is very affordable, go for it, Aure!

Kissa

Go on Tarotgarden to see how gorgeous the packaging is!

Jeannette

For what it's worth, I've been trying to get an update from my contacts at USG, but it seems like they've been out-of-the-office a great deal lately, attending trade shows. So I haven't received any news since mid-January. All I can tell you is that the Golden Tarot hasn't shown up on the Tarot Garden doorstep yet, but I hope to get more information from someone "in the know" soon, because the increasing number of preorders we've received have made it necessary for me in turn to increase our preorder supply request.

-- Jeannette
Tarot Garden