spread with 5 cards

Isabelle

I often use the following spread. What do you think about it ? Have you any other ways of reading it ?

1 : positive aspects of the situation.
2 : negative aspects : what are the obstacles ?
3 : How I see the situation myself ?
4 : what is going to happen in the short run.
5 : what is going to happen in the long run.

With the possibility to use other cards covering the first 5 ones to obtain more precisions about a specific aspect.

1 5 2

Sorry for my English ! I'm doing my best !

Isabelle

Hello ! It's me again !

I've just found out that the way cards are positioned didn't appear properly on the screen. I'm not very well at ease with the screens!

Sorry for that !

Rhiannon

I think that's a great variation on the 5 card spread Isabelle! Five cards is so much easier to read than 10 and it gives you a bit more information than 3. And it's very versatile too! If you do a search I'm sure you can find many other 5 card spreads on this forum, I would suggest searching through "using tarot cards" and the "talking tarot" sections.

And *shameless plug* you can order the new tarot calendar that Major Tom is selling from his website! Alot of people from this community have contributed spreads and artwork for it! It's listed under "links".

R :)

Trogon

Hi Isabelle. This layout looks like a good one... thanks for posting it. Got it written down in my Tarot journal... :D Oh, by the way, your English is just fine... no problem there!

Pollux

Looks a lot like the Simple/Small Cross, or the Quintessence spread.
Well done! It's great to use personal sprads, they make so much sense, and are mostly tailor made.

Your english is just fine, worry not! :)

Talisman

A lot from a little

'Lo all,

Isabelle, did you create this delightful spread?

Regardless, it is copied in my Tarot journal as the "Isabelle Spread," so for me, that's what it will always be.

Thanks for this one.

Like Pollux, I am fascinated by home made spreads, and the way folks make them work in the most idiosyncratic ways, then they post them and discover they have a universal application.

I'm saying what I am trying to say very awkwardly, but I think Tarot is like that.

Talisman

Isabelle

Thanks to all of you for your nice answers. I'm pleased this spread has interested you. I'm very proud, Talisman and Trogon to be in your journal.
I live in the South of France and I can tell you it's very interesting to talk with you on this site even if the language is sometimes a bit of an obstacle : it needs more reflexion. I have the feeling to travel around the world and it's quite nice !
Thanks again.

Celtic_Dragon

Another 5 card spread

Here's a little thing that just "came out". (I've been a little worried about a job offer)

1. Characteristics/skills the job/task requires
2. Characteristics/skills the querent has to offer
3. What is the querent missing?
4. What the querent needs to do to aquire #3
5. Where will this combination lead to?

This is still being tested but let me know what everyone thinks.

oh and Isabelle That's a really good spread. I'm going to have to try it.

Cenan

Wow Isabelle, thanks a lot! I tried the spread and it did work well. Though i doubt i will use it very much, it was nice to try something new.

Thanks again Isabelle, good luck if you do travel the world, its something i can only dream about

Isabelle

I was very interested to see Celtic Dragon's spread. I think it's very good for someone who's concerned with a job problem. I've thought about it quite a lot and I've had some ideas in order to complete it . I'd like to know what's your opinion. First, I've tried to combine it with mine. here's what it looks like. I've thought of some examples as well. I've used the cards from Barbar Walker's Tarot Deck.

1. Chances of the querent. For example, with the Magician, it would mean someone who can do all sorts of tasks.
2. What is the querent missing ? What he has to work about. For example, with the Emperor, it would mean he's too authoritative.
3. What the querent expects from the job. For example, the 2 of Pentacles (Change) would mean he wants to succeed in a financial field.
4. What it's going to be in the short run. For example, with the Seven of Wands (Challenge) it would mean the job wont' be so easy, the querent will have to be careful : it will be a challenge for him.
5. What it's going to be in the long run. For example, the World would mean that in the end it will be a success and that he will get in contact with a lot of people.
Of course, this is very simple and basic. Just an attempt I've made to illustrate a type of spread.
I hope you like it.