Golden Tarot

jaspercook.com

I've seen Kat's proofs and they look really good but I don't like the changes US games have made to the card layout i.e. moving the number from the bottom of the card to the top and breaking up the border - but I'm sure it will still look great not having seen the real thing yet.

retrokat

I've started making bags to suit my deck - and decided not to wait until October to start selling the bags. If you'd like to have a look at my eBay listings to check them out, go to:

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/goldentarot/

I guess you could even use them for *other* tarot decks ;)

Cerulean

I saw the bags...

...yes they are pretty...maybe make them available to Tarotgarden.com with a signed card from you for the GoldenTarot releases? Llewelln sells such bags for about seven to eight dollars and I'd be glad to pay three dollars more for a Golden Tarot card plus your 5.00 asking price.
I notice Arnell Ando sells her early version of the Transformational Tarot from her website and a calendar of her work. I bought her earlier deck--I think it's called Hero's Journey
If any of your older card versions are ever in a set offered by you, I'd like to know. Maybe Kat Black's Medieval Times Tarocchi--with Justice and Strength NOT switched to the 20th century mode.
(I regret seeing that---Stuart Kaplan's Ukiyoe Tarot of the Edo period had Marseilles ordering as far I remember.)
Thanks for the link. I saw TarotGarden's upcoming releases page and am on their waiting list for your deck.

retrokat

Booklet contents

Oh my! I've finally got the edit galleys for the booklet from US Games so I can tell you what's in the book/let. It looks very nice.

There was originally going to be both a mini booklet that went with the deck (for people who just bought the deck) and also a proper hard-cover book for people who wanted more (to be sold as a book/deck set). When I heard that the publishers were just doing a mini-book with the deck, I was a bit worried that it wouldn't include all of the information about the art sources - but just today I've received the galleys and am happy to say that it's all in there :)

So it looks like that for your twenty bucks or so Recommended Retail Price in the US, you'll get the deck and also a book that has most of the tarot information from my website as well as a listing of all of the art sources for every single card (there are over a thousand elements in the deck!). The catalog says the book's 120 pages, but the version I've just received to proof is 200 pages.

I was a bit worried when the whole 'deluxe' release was decided on by the publishers, but now I reckon that it looks to be very good value - plug, plug ;)

Latest word is for release in late October. I hope it gets to Australia in time for Christmas. If so, I bet my family & friends can all guess what they're getting from *me* this year...

Summerdream

I have the Golden Tarot on preorder from Tarot Garden. I cannot wait till it is in stock. I first saw it on the new releases page of the latest U.S. Games cataloge. Then I found the thread for it here and went to your website and studied each card and knew I had to have this deck. Now I'm patiently waiting until it ships.
Blessings,
Momof3girls

retrokat

Available for pre-order in UK

The deck has just listed for pre-order on Amazon UK and Amazon France, so those of you in Europe may wish to place your orders there. If you buy through my site, I get a commission from Amazon that's more than the royalties I get from the publisher, so I'd be a very happy Kat.

Alternatively, buy through Aeclectic and then they get the same commission, which helps to pay the running costs of this site. Hopefully there will be a link to Amazon from Aecletic shortly.

I'm also very happy for you to pre-order at http://www.tarotgarden.com cos they've been so fab through this long journey onto the shelves :) As mentioned in previous posts, they'll be selling signed copies once it's released.

Maan

I was wondering can you make a deal with proxis too?
its a mailorder compagny from the belenux and i always order my stuff there. Your deck is already on there pages.

For me ordering from france or uk is very expensive so i hope this could work out too.

Love
Maan

ps www.proxis.com

Lee

For everybody who, like me, is waiting breathlessly for this deck, I e-mailed Jeannette from Tarot Garden to ask about its status. She said I was welcome to post her response here.

Jeannette says her contacts at US Games tell her that the deck is at the printers. Her best guess is that the deck will be available in 30 days or less. Jeannette wanted me to emphasize that this is only her best guess based on the information available to her.

Thanks, Jeannette! :)

-- Lee

Woof

I can't wait for this deck!
Woof

Khatruman

Just placed my pre-order

Just put my order in with Amazon. I didn't realize it was coming in. (I find it better now to keep out of mind things that I eagerly anticipate. Time seems to drag when one keeps checking).

In any case, I am awaiting its release, and hoping I am not being stupid again by going through Amazon. I know I have had to go through a lot of garbage to get three decks from them (Fey, Da Vinci, and New Vision), but I am hoping things are different this time.

Kat, can I write to you if Amazon starts refusing to acknowledge the release of your deck?