View Single Post
Citizen

Miss Divine 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilberrywaffle
I've actually never trimmed a deck before. When I get the time and courage, I'll try triming it. I love the artwork on its own, so it probably will turn out well.

Now I'll have to get used to not using the borders/labels as a crutch. The LoS borders distract me greatly. I've actually got the German titles of all the cards memorised from how many times I've used my Tarot of the Sweet Twilight. (I put my cards back "in order" after every reading so sort of "officially close" the reading.) I think I'd rather have the picture be bigger than such a big bulky border. But at least in that deck the border colour compliments the cards. For the Magical Forest is doesn't really do anything. So much, in fact, I couldn't bring myself to buy the deck even though I fell in love with the artwork and creepy cute animals.
It was only my second deck I trimmed. I trimmed the Universal Waite first, and it was so much easier than I thought. Just make sure you have large sharp scissors. And take your time! I did it on a sunny afternoon in my backyard.
I have no regrets whatsoever! I too found those borders taking away from the beautiful artwork.
Top   #209