Thread: Golden Tarot
View Single Post
Citizen

lunakasha 

Quote:
Originally posted by retrokat
I think I've explained somewhere way back on this board about why I had to abandon most of the images from version 1 - mostly image quality, as well as the piracy meaning that I had to collage more heavily to ensure that they are all legally 'new and original works of art'.

The first deck was made in a couple of weeks at low res, so not a lot of effort went into it (either with the research or the actual construction), hence it was a bit ambiguous and not nearly as "collaged' as the new deck.

The first deck was just, well, to be honest, the first picture I came up with for each card that "felt" right to me, with some basic additional elements added but that was about it. It certainly wasn't terribly scholarly, Considering the level of detailed questions I already get about "why did you put this there?" I'm glad that I did a pretty thorough job of researching & constructing the published version
Thanks, retrokat, for answering our questions about why the original images were altered, and the resulting deck is obviously a very beautiful, richly detailed and polished work of art.

Most of the version 1 cards that I really liked, mainly for their originality, were Majors, such as Death and the Devil....have you considered the possibility of issuing a Majors-only deck of these earlier versions??? Or maybe offering prints of those cards would be another, less expensive option? Just a thought...

My compliments to you, Kat, on creating such an exquisite deck of cards, and for sharing BOTH versions with us via your website!!!

Luna
Top   #235