Are ghosts really attracted to limestone?

CelestialHorse

I do watch Ghost Hunters(But i do agree with fans, the later episodes seem a little questionable) but whenever they talk about limestone they seem to think ghosts seem to be attracted to it or paranormal experiences start up...

What do you guys think? :O I think that's interesting but all stones really do give off some sort of energy I'd think.

Eyebright

I googled this after reading your post as I had never heard of it before! You might find this article interesting and it offers a hypothesis as to why the phenomenon might occur :)

Click me!

celticnoodle

Interesting idea. I've never heard this before, and I also do watch Ghost Hunters, but I must have missed this. Thank you also for the link Eyebright. I read through it and while I must admit I never heard of this, I imagine it is possible. anything is possible, eh? I do know that it takes a lot of energy for spirits to appear or be heard, and they often will take the energy from electric lines or electrical items in a home, even battery operated items. Running water is also a great source of energy for spirits. I should probably invest in a piece of limestone and give it a try! If I find any more information out about it, I'll be sure to post it here and update you.

thank you CH for a thought provoking thread. :)

Richard

According to this, limestone can produce a "residual haunting" by having absorbed energy from an actual event in the past, but it's not actually ghosts causing the phenomena.

Glass Owl

According to this, limestone can produce a "residual haunting" by having absorbed energy from an actual event in the past, but it's not actually ghosts causing the phenomena.

Thanks for the link. I also really liked the information about Quartz and Magnetite.

If I remember correctly, I think I've read some theories that certain types of rocks can act like recorders and basically just play back sounds from the past, and just like LRichard said, that would be a residual haunting.

Perhaps the reason why some people seem to be experiencing residual hauntings where there is limestone is because the stone is formed around bodies of water, like rivers, streams, etc. There are some theories out there that water sources attract and/or fuel spirit activity, perhaps due to the negative ions that are released by moving water.

CelestialHorse

Wow that's so cool and neat :D

Heh I have a volcanic rock from Brazil (I bought it at a festival kind of thing in the Us in PA). I would love to know how the rock came to be.

Freaky but interesting stuff even on a show like Ghost Collector how energy holds on to things.

So far with me buying the crystals, salt lamp, and the rock nothing yet..and I hope not :p