Touchstone Tarot~The Star

stargazer

The Star (Tarotlyn this one’s for you)

Hope and Healing. I love this card.
Whenever it comes up in a reading, I feel reassured that everything will turn out all right in the end.

The lady in this card looks very serene and to me a very calming influence as she pores water, washing away my troubles.
I can see a halo of stars above her head. It’s as if the light of faith shines down on her from above.

BodhiSeed

For some reason, this card makes me think of the Buddhist Bodhisatva of Compassion, Kwan Yin. She is often depicted holding a vase or a jar of blessed water which she pours out to heal suffering beings.
Wonder what kind of bird that is on the far right side of the card?

Attachments

• kwan.JPG
    kwan.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 219

BodhiSeed

Is it my imagination, or does the image on the stone seat (the water is pouring over it) look like a man crying out in pain?

stargazer

Hi Bodhran

Love the picture. The bird looks to be some kind of bird of pray, a Hawk may be. She is holding it very lovingly. Maybe she is healing it.

I noticed the man too. Perhaps his message is not to give way to despair, that there is always hope.

What do you think?

BodhiSeed

stargazer said:
Perhaps his message is not to give way to despair, that there is always hope.
I agree. I think sometimes we drives ourselves crazy with all the stuff life throws at us. Instead of being still and asking for guidance, we are like a hamster running round and round on our little wheels but going nowhere, getting nuttier by the second. In my tiny mind, faith is not like a lucky rabbit's foot that makes all the bad go away. Instead it gives us strength, a sense of peace, and eventually guidance. I guess that sort of sums up what this card means to me.

stargazer

Beautifully put Bodhran.

happyphantom

This is possibly my favorite card in this deck. It is gorgeous!

She seems to glow from within, which is how I envision the Star.

LadyKathryn

the star

i have the goddess deck and guilded tarot

both decks the star card is my favorite :)

morticia monroe

The bird in the distance, if I were to guess, would be a peacock.

I looked up the symbolism and it says:

"In general, the Peacock is representative of glory, immortality, royalty, and incorruptibility. It is a possessor of some of the most admired human characteristics, and is a symbol of integrity and the beauty that can be achieved when we endeavor to better ourselves and better our lives.

In history, myth, legend & lore, the peacock is considered an emblem of protection, nobility, watchfulness, guiddance, and holiness.

In Greco-Roman mythology the Peacock is identified with Hera (Juno) who created the peacock from Argus whose hundred eyes (seen on the tail feathers of the peacock) symbolize the vault of heaven and the “eyes” of the stars."

That one spoke to me so unfortunately if it's NOT a peacock, that's how my eyes will always see it regardless :).

You're right, bodhran, that does look like a man in torment. The Greenman.
This is what I read about the Greenman.

"In all his appearances, the Greenman symbolizes irrepressible life, renewal and rebirth, the eternal cycle of life, death, and regeneration. The combination of human head with leaves and vegetation, moreover, can be said to be a symbol of the union of mankind with nature."

And with his pain, I see ths as something going very wrong, problems that really pack a punch, disturb us to our very nature, rock us to the core.

Or, as bodhran stated, letting all the little things work at us until they combine to feel absolutely overwhelming, throwing us totally out of balance, out of harmony with nature and ourselves.

The woman (angel?) in the card is very burdened. She is an obvious empath who can strongly feel the suffering and pain of things around her, and she cares very much about those suffering ones. She uses the water to dilute, dissolve, and wash away that pain,,,making things clean again. And because she comes in such love and with strength, she has the ability to do it.She is truly glorious. Hope, redemption, grace.

BodhiSeed

Wonderful observations and insights MM - thank you!