right foot hanged man

Durant Hapke

Brothers, and Sisters,

Bring the funky movement... Bring the twist on a funky snake rope.

I've got a bit of a Jack bird notion that if Babe talent Frieda pie made an error in anatomy, it would be flipping the heel.

Check this action:

http://www.duranthapke.com/tarot/S.HANGED.MAN.FOOT.jpg

Note big toe (orange B) is skyward (blue arrow), as it Jack bird Big Bubble Carver down the block.

Half lotus position, is easy, but as black and white bottom reference demos, it's very cracker to actually get one's little toe skyward, which would be the opposite of said hanged man card.

Bring that.

No toe nails on Thoth I can see -- one would expect such if foot was backwards and top facing viewer.

Durant "wigs are nice" Hapke

Rosanne

Thanks for showing that photo Durant Hapke. Unfortunately if you take a magnifying glass to the card you will see there are toenails painted on the foot in question. I would like to have thought it is a funky twist. It is interesting to me that the Emperor card is more accurate as is others when the leg and foot show.
Nevertheless you have given me something to ponder- more about how Lady Freida progressed in her painting and in what order.
~Rosanne

Debra

Jackbird dude...there ain't no heel there. And how 'bout dem ankle bones?

Let's face it, the other foot isn't very well-done either. Not Lady F's best anatomical renderings, my guess.

kwaw

Debra said:
Jackbird dude...there ain't no heel there. And how 'bout dem ankle bones?

Let's face it, the other foot isn't very well-done either. Not Lady F's best anatomical renderings, my guess.

When I look at it through a magnifying glass I see a circular line defining the ball joint of the big toe on the sole - I read the 'ankle bones' as the heel.

Rosanne

I can see how you see that Kwaw. What do you make of the toenails that appear when you use a magnifying glass? ~Rosanne

kwaw

Rosanne said:
I can see how you see that Kwaw. What do you make of the toenails that appear when you use a magnifying glass? ~Rosanne

The circular suggestions on the big toe and toe next to it look like the pads or mounds underneath, the next two seem to be in a darker line and look more like nails (especially the middle one) but still possibly could have been meant as mounds, the little one I find indistinct.

Debra

Yeah, I can see it too. Not very convincing anatomy either way, eh?

Rosanne

Hi Debra- I just enlarged the card (but cannot post it here) and I have to say it looks like toenails to me with tiny lines that show the joints of each toe as well. Even enlarged and much clearer the shape is a little wrong- but I have no idea how large the original paintings were- but I now have to be definite- it is the wrong foot on the right leg. Perhaps someone who is a member can enlarge the foot and post it here- you will see the toenails clearly. Perhaps we should not be so picky- after all the wonderful Death card is not correct anatomically either. I love peering at the cards lol. Almost more than reading!
~Rosanne