Serious Group Work with the Fae

AJ

Kahlie, I would like to tentatively sign on for the Shadow Work group.

Guiding Cauldron

ideas...

i like the idea of 2 weeks, small group,posting at least once a day (for constant participation from all in group) and 1 fae focus for healing concept.

Ex: like throughout the weeks what that particular fae is helping you to heal, overcome and how your progress is coming along in healing that concept.

will be great to get started! :)

faerylvr

I love all the ideas... but you know me... always going to jump in :)

Kahlie

AJ, thank you for your interest. This isn't a sign up yet, this is more like... brainstorming =)

sunshineluvr & faerylvr, thanks for your comments. I'm seeing that a 2 week format might be the best way to go. I still need to know *which* Topics have the most interest so we don't end up with empty groups!

Most likely solution:

I'll start a SGWF - Thread and then I'll update it with whatever is available for the coming weeks. Which topics, and in which formats etc. Then for each available Group Work I'll make a sign-up thread to assign partners and stuff...
Seems to me that will generate the least confusion and we have one thread in which all possibilities are displayed so you can watch that one if you want to know whats in the works!

Kahlie

Edited to Add: I can't add a poll to this thread anymore so I'm just going to ask for votes.

FaeryGodmother

Ok, I love the idea of working in these more serious groups to get to know the fae. Here are my thoughts...

1/ I think that different people will have different amounts of time and different things to add to or learn from the fae.

2/ I think smaller groups of say up to 4 or 5 people will work best.

3/ I think, in the interests of all (human and fae alike) we should think about a way of rotating the groups.
So, say we get ten people interested in working seriously with the fae; perhaps 5 of us work in one group one session, then we change the groups around so that we get to work with others. ??

4/ I think having two types of "serious" work going at a time would be of benefit to casual joiners. For example; one group working with Healing, one group working with whichever-other-topic. That way people can contribute as the can rather than having to be a part from the beginning.
I really think that the fae are particularily interested in Healing- after, to a certain extent that is their job, to Heal the Earth and us along with it. So, vote for a Healing group (perhaps focused on different things at different times) to be an ongoing thing. I love your ideas about that Kahile, so I'm all for those.

Basicaly, the idea of bonding is still upper most in my mind. In a way, I think we should learn from the fae in how they organise themselves. For example, we have the Singers who do the hard core guiding stuff; the Sidhe who guard, teach and comfort us; the Faery Guides and Guardians who help us develop our natural talents; The Helpers; the ones who are helping us overcome... stuff and of course the faery Challengers...

Maybe we could "organise" ourselves the same way? A thread perhaps, or group working from/ with each of these groups. Maybe even a Master thread in which we could put a post about who we feel drawn to work with or identify with at any given time. This would change though as we learnt or worked through the issues the fae brought up for us.

The other interesting (and annoying to organise) thing about the fae is that they aren't likely to stay in convient threads. they are liable to wander all over the place dispensing wisdom here there and every where.

Ok, these are probably very confused thought (but its very late at night for me :p) but its my way of saying i'm up for what ever we decide. :D

love
FGM
(who realy needs a new name now :p)

Jewel

sunshineluvr said:
well youve done it again and i just spoke to jewel about this earlier today! i REALLY feel like the usual fae party was becoming a distraction and NOT focusing on my path lately. Which is a bit of a bummer for me as I like the fae and adore their guidance. BUT i really, despretly need to find use for the fae with a HEALING element because that is ultimately my lifes path, healing. And then tonight here i see your thread only made 30 mins ago with EXACTELY what i was feeling and looking for!!!((HUGS)) So if you wouldnt mind me involved or my inputs then i would love to give this study a try :) blessed be x
AHA!!!!!!!!! they got you!!!! and you thought you were done with them (and us) for a while ~giggles~. So glad you will be around.

I would like to request something from the group ... some of us are not trained in healing. Can there be a thread where faeries and friends here guide and teach those of us who do not know much or feel confident doing healing? In my case for example, it would give me confidence to participate in the global healing portion.

I also think that posting requirements might be challenging. Some have a lot to say, some are of few words yet all input is invaluable. Also requiring to post of certain days would not work for all of us due to work or other things (i.e. I do not come online on weekends) .... just some of my thoughts.
FaeryGodmother said:
Basicaly, the idea of bonding is still upper most in my mind. In a way, I think we should learn from the fae in how they organise themselves. For example, we have the Singers who do the hard core guiding stuff; the Sidhe who guard, teach and comfort us; the Faery Guides and Guardians who help us develop our natural talents; The Helpers; the ones who are helping us overcome... stuff and of course the faery Challengers...

Maybe we could "organise" ourselves the same way? A thread perhaps, or group working from/ with each of these groups. Maybe even a Master thread in which we could put a post about who we feel drawn to work with or identify with at any given time. This would change though as we learnt or worked through the issues the fae brought up for us.
So how would we determine who is part of what classification (i.e. Singer, Sidhe, Help Line Troup, Challenger). I think the idea is interesting, and intriguiging and to get some things done you do need a combination to get it right ... but how do we know what classification we belong to. I am not trying to be difficult, but this is a question we might want to talk about. The other question is how would we feel at being put into a classification.

I would not get bogged down in creating too much structure in group size, etc, because honestly I don't think the Fey are all into structure ... at least not in my experience. Some guidelines yes, but not hard rules. Again, just my 2 pearls.

Kahlie

FaeryGodmother said:
Ok, I love the idea of working in these more serious groups to get to know the fae. Here are my thoughts...

1/ I think that different people will have different amounts of time and different things to add to or learn from the fae.

I certainly agree, however, if one group has a high participation level, it's not nice for others in that group... If you join up, you have to own up to the responsibility of posting... However, we have to decide together what is the requirements we want to set...

FaeryGodmother said:
2/ I think smaller groups of say up to 4 or 5 people will work best.

Agreed. I think we figured out group size :)

FaeryGodmother said:
3/ I think, in the interests of all (human and fae alike) we should think about a way of rotating the groups.
So, say we get ten people interested in working seriously with the fae; perhaps 5 of us work in one group one session, then we change the groups around so that we get to work with others. ??

Certainly a good plan, to rotate around.

FaeryGodmother said:
4/ I think having two types of "serious" work going at a time would be of benefit to casual joiners. For example; one group working with Healing, one group working with whichever-other-topic. That way people can contribute as the can rather than having to be a part from the beginning.
I really think that the fae are particularily interested in Healing- after, to a certain extent that is their job, to Heal the Earth and us along with it. So, vote for a Healing group (perhaps focused on different things at different times) to be an ongoing thing. I love your ideas about that Kahile, so I'm all for those.

Seems the Healing Group has enough votes to start already, more or less...

FaeryGodmother said:

Hmmm... I always felt that grouping was artificial... I'm not sure I can work with it... I'm not sure how others feel about this...

FaeryGodmother said:
The other interesting (and annoying to organise) thing about the fae is that they aren't likely to stay in convient threads. they are liable to wander all over the place dispensing wisdom here there and every where.

Don't worry, the Fae didn't give me grey hairs yet, I'm sure we can figure something out...

Thanks for your ideas and suggestions FGM!

Kahlie

Kahlie

Jewel said:
I would like to request something from the group ... some of us are not trained in healing. Can there be a thread where faeries and friends here guide and teach those of us who do not know much or feel confident doing healing? In my case for example, it would give me confidence to participate in the global healing portion.

Everything can be healing... a slight touch of our hand on somebodies shoulder, a lovely word that's whispered, a hug... but I understand what you mean... I take this in consideration or else I just plunge you in the Healing Group Head first... that should stun you long enough to stay in one place and piece ;)

Jewel said:
I also think that posting requirements might be challenging. Some have a lot to say, some are of few words yet all input is invaluable. Also requiring to post of certain days would not work for all of us due to work or other things (i.e. I do not come online on weekends) .... just some of my thoughts.

Certain days is not smart, a minimum number of posts is I think... well requirements are challenging, I wouldn't want people in a group feeling that one hasn't really contributed or participated as well as the rest... If you want to do serious work, you have to take the time to do it...

Jewel said:
So how would we determine who is part of what classification (i.e. Singer, Sidhe, Help Line Troup, Challenger). I think the idea is interesting, and intriguiging and to get some things done you do need a combination to get it right ... but how do we know what classification we belong to. I am not trying to be difficult, but this is a question we might want to talk about. The other question is how would we feel at being put into a classification.

Not looking forward to classifying people, unless I get the "Big Scared Bunny Who Takes Ages To Write Down Creative Idea's"-Classification... Mostly because classifications show inequality, although I'd think it's handy that if we have multiple groups each group has somebody who does some kind of Energy Healing for example...

I thought FGM meant to use this type of classification not for people, but for topics type's... ?

Jewel said:
I would not get bogged down in creating too much structure in group size, etc, because honestly I don't think the Fey are all into structure ... at least not in my experience. Some guidelines yes, but not hard rules. Again, just my 2 pearls.

I think hard rules are stupid... We all have stuff sometimes, we all have obstacles or crap hitting the fan... flexibility is everything... but if we do serious work, then I want people to work with me who have a certain level of responsibility in doing that work... not flit around when they feel like...

Kahlie

AJ

Kahlie said:
AJ, thank you for your interest. This isn't a sign up yet, this is more like... brainstorming =)

I know, was just adding a voice of interest so you'd know. :)

FaeryGodmother

Actually with the groupings i was thinking more along the lines of how sometimes i feel drawn to the Singers, sometimes to the more Challenging Fae. Like, some fae "echo" where I'm at in my life. Sometimes i feel very intense like the Dark Lady, sometimes i feel joyful like the Maiden. My (not very well thought through) idea was just more along the lines of working in groups of what the fae do or want to do.

So this is where the "master" thread idea comes in. We sit back and have a really good think about who we feel either drawn to or like or even just to draw the fae that wants to work through/ with us. Once we have picked someone (or they have picked us) we post in the "master" thread about what work you and your partner fae want to accomplish. (eg healing, shadow work, helping others, helping the earth, etc etc.) Then in the master thread we connect with other human/ fae partnerships who are being drawn to work in the same area. In the master thread, and with the individuals who are feeling drawn to the same type of work, details can be worked out concerning how much participation each smaller group requires.

I imagine that this will be a very fluid form of working. Sometimes people will feel that they have worked through a particular group and feel drawn to a new fae partner, so they go back to the Master thread and start the process over. I think that way perhaps new people can join all the time or drop out if other commitments come up.

Theres no hard and fast rules about which fae belongs where. For example, someone might feel drawn to Gloominus Doom and want to work on Healing. Or someone might feel drawn to the Singer of Healing and want to do Shadow work. My idea is all about finding your Faery partner and working with that fae in depth with other human/ fae partnerships to accomplish something. Once we feel we have accomplished something in any given area we can move on to a new fae partner and join a new group.

Anyway, its just an idea. I am more than happy to go with whatever we decide to do. :) Just so long as I get to play with my fae I'm happy. :D