2 moon 5:heart:
4 key 4:club:
17 fish 4:heart:
28 anchor 5:diamond:

http://www.serenapowers.com/lenormand.html
(to compare playing card assignments)

jackdaw*

:bugeyed: Can't believe you put in all those fiddly little symbols :bugeyed:

So they don't correspond to one another in either placement within the deck OR with playing card association? So if the author/creator(s) put any effort into the correlations, I would assume that they don't mean the same thing, either? At least, not as a matter of course ...

Interesting. It would be interesting to know how they came up with these correspondences ...

Thanks, cardlady :heart:

cardlady22

There is somewhat of a good vs bad theme when you lay them out according to their pip value:
Aces, Twos . . . Queens, Kings, etc.

**ETA: for the most part, it breaks down like this

Aces - bad/negative

Twos - neutral

Threes - good/positive

Fours - good/positive *except the :spade:

Fives - good/positive *except the :spade:

Sixes - bad/negative *except the :heart:

Sevens - good/positive *except the :spade:

Eights - bad/negative

Nines - good/positive

Tens - bad/negative *except the :heart:

Jacks - good/positive *except the :heart:

Queens - good/positive *except the :spade:

Kings - good/positive *except the :spade:

mystic Guy

I recently gave myself a long reading with the Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Cards. It was my first time using the cards, and I brought the reading to a close 3/4 of the way through the second square because it wasn't making sense. Cards contradicted other cards. For instance, no. 25 (Clouds) with the bright side toward the person indicates domestic happiness, but this was contradicted by no. 20 (Lilies), which forecasts family sorrow, because it is next to no. 25! Also, in the long reading, many cards make a general prediction of wealth or vexation for *everyone* who does the reading, since in the long reading all of the cards are laid out and *everyone* will get these cards. And finally, many of the cards, were simply redundant.

This was my first reading with these cards. Usually, I use the Rider-Waite tarot deck. I'm confused because the Rider-Waite gave me a very positive forecast (three card spread: King of Cups, Ten of Pentacles, The Chariot) when I asked whether I should give myself a reading using the Gypsy Witch cards.

Anybody have any insight into this?[/QUOTE]
Hi

I'm abit late on the topic but anyway,
I had that problem also with them cards , in the booklet it says to start in the middle
square and work your around in circle reading each card and let it tell your story.
Mine made no sense neither but I still recorded the lay out in my Tarot note book.
And then about a year later I learned about Lenormand and the full board spread
which as I'm sure you know from the person card you go in straight lines up ,down
over , back and horizontal.
So I used that method and looked at Gypsy Witch fortune telling spread
that I had recorded in my note book and it was "Pine Chilling" , the cards
went through eight different subjects ,all the cards to the left were things that HAD
happened in the past , and the cards to the right were things that happened
after I had recorded the spread in my notes.

What got me is that the cards went through a spread and technique that
I wouldn't learn for another year,its like the cards new I would learn it
and come back to that spread ,a cryptic message .

The extra cards came in to their own, as if they had always been
used with the 32 card deck. I didn't use the writing on the cards.

JustinDevereaux

Quite Excellent Oracle

I've had the Gypsy Witch card for a number of years, and I've heard plenty of pros and cons for them. Essentially there's a LeNormand deck contained within it, with additional cards as well.

If you like the humanistic/psychological approach to cards like a lot of people these days prefer with their Tarot cards, you won't like the Gypsy Witch cards. Personally I don't go for touchy-feely approach to Tarot.

If you like a very practical approach to readings, looking for concrete details and not just "what is he feeling" then you'll probably like these cards. The Gypsy Witch deck tends to be very spot on after you've spent some time with it and built a relationship with the cards.

I've fallen in love with these cards, along with the older deck of cards attributed to Mlle. LeNormand. I do read Tarot cards, but not in the psychological profiling manner that seems most prevalent today.

(Everyone has their own preferred method, so no judgement intended.)

AzulParadiso

I agree with you Justin, that's how I use all of my decks as well. I do not like the "advice" side of the cards - I prefer clear, honest answers that relate to every day matters. I wish I found someone to practice with. I'm having trouble making sense of the cards that aren't in the
Lenormand deck. I do know some of them already and have given them my own 'twist' I suppose, but I'm having real trouble with the Shepherd for instance..next to the Eye.

Shepherd+Eye = A person who is interested in a group [like family] as oppose to just one person?

If anyone would like to study the cards with me, please P/M me. Daily/weekly readings should help us decipher the mysterious symbols, hopefully =)

Metafizzypop

Has anyone here ever seen a TV show called "Psychic Tia"? It's a reality show (on American cable channel A&E) where a woman has a fortune-telling business. She gives readings with cards. And the deck she uses is the Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Cards! I saw the cards laying there on the table, in front of the client. I have the deck so I recognized it right away. And she was doing a major spread, too. It looked like half the deck was on the table, with no organized spread. The cards were sitting there all haphazard-like. On another episode I saw her using the cards again, and she had half the deck out for this reading, too.

I found it amusing that a professional fortune-teller would use this deck for her readings. I don't think there's anything wrong with it at all, because I really like this deck. I just thought it was an offbeat choice, and kinda funny on a TV show.

JustinDevereaux

GW Cards in Readings

Yeah, I was also surprised to see the GW cards in that Psychic Tia show. As for using the cards professionally, I admit I use them all the time with clients. I usually start with a Tarot deck with new clients as that's what they're more accustomed to seeing. Then after a mini tableau of sorts, the Lenormand and GW cards come out for almost every reading. Now, some older clients don't want to see the Tarot cards pulled out at all. They want the Lenormand and the GW for their sessions. It has been delightfully surprising to see the change in their interests.

JustinDevereaux

GW Spreads

I find that the tableau spreads along the lines as used in traditional Lenormand readings work fabulously with the GW. I generally do 4 rows of 7 with the GW. Why 4 of 7? Not a clue. Lol! Sometimes it becomes 4 rows of 8, and I don't fight it when it does. Just the way I've done it for years. (With Lenormand, I always do the 4x8 +4 grand tableau.)

I find that individuals having a difficult time with such spreads are usually trying to read too much into it. Leave all the speculation and deeper meanings for Tarot. With GW and Lenormand, I put down a card, and start talking based on the cards' keywords, linking them together to form basic sentences. After you've formed a relationship with the cards, they tend to be very to the point, blunt, and for me they've been freakishly spot on with details.

Quick example: Last week with a client I got a spread in which immediately I saw upcoming cardiac surgery due to blocked coronary vessels (scythe + heart + paths). So, I just asked the client, and yep, it was spot on. I do get that degree of detail with Tarot, but I will be honest that such details are present in my readings more with GW and Lenormand.

ThtDancerGuy

I agree with you Justin, that's how I use all of my decks as well. I do not like the "advice" side of the cards - I prefer clear, honest answers that relate to every day matters. I wish I found someone to practice with. I'm having trouble making sense of the cards that aren't in the
Lenormand deck. I do know some of them already and have given them my own 'twist' I suppose, but I'm having real trouble with the Shepherd for instance..next to the Eye.

Shepherd+Eye = A person who is interested in a group [like family] as oppose to just one person?

If anyone would like to study the cards with me, please P/M me. Daily/weekly readings should help us decipher the mysterious symbols, hopefully =)

Let's look at Shepherd first. What does a shepherd do? A shepherd herds and tends; therefore, I interpret Shepherd as careful attention to detail and "fine-tooth combing" through situations.

Next, the Eye. Obviously an eye watches and keeps tabs on everything in its sight. So for me, as a card in a position to modify/describe Shepherd, the Eye means being watchful and weary.

So Shepherd + Eye to me might mean watching detail or tending to something literally having to do with one's eye. Depends on the context of your question.