reversals, should we or should we not?

coolpm

In my opinioni think we should not, Its old fashion and i feel that if the cards want us to know something they would tell us without the reversals!

Pendle Hill

I don't. in life's journey we can only go forward and not back, so reversals are unnecessary in the grander scheme of things. I make this clear to querents before i start too, ithink this helps create an air of positivity regarding the coming reading.

Papageno

Pendle Hill said:
I don't. in life's journey we can only go forward and not back, so reversals are unnecessary in the grander scheme of things. I make this clear to querents before i start too, ithink this helps create an air of positivity regarding the coming reading.

I think I've lost you there. moving forward in life negates the importance of reversals?......and we should not use reversals (when appropriate) because it is old fashioned?

Ahria

In some decks I do in some I dont. They chose or if they don't since they inanimate something choses for me. Lately I am seriously clumsy and seem to be dropping my decks and then everything goes upside down.

I use pendulums as well for my guides and out of curiosity I asked if I should or shouldnt they said yes, seemed fair to me so some decks I do some I don't.

Not sure I am making any sense.

Edit: Every card has a positive and a negative meaning and you can usually pick this up from the cards around them, although having reversals makes it easier to see where the negative is. Ying and Yang there is always good and bad no matter what, because there has to be balance.

Roewyn

I personally don't use them (yet).

I am not opposed to them at all, but I am still getting comfortable with using Tarot upright.. so thats my reasoning.. lol

Eventually however, I do plan to try to incorporate them.. :)

Roe

finaflight

I too have been trying to understand reversals...I have been here a year and I thought perhaps I could handle trying the cards up-side-down.

But the more I try to understand, the more comfortable right-side-up feels.

I wa also thinking that I havent really been in a possitive zone lately, so maybe staying with right side up is best for me right now - Not that up-side-down is always negative - but it can feel that way if your not in a positive head space.

just my thoughts on that

Ahria

There is never a wrong or a right way just follow your heart.

coyoteblack

I think if you dont use reversals( I do not) then make sure there is a position in the spread where the negative can come out . Or look at the card up right but know it has to meanings. or at least can be muted.

I know from the 78 week study group every card has a positive and negative meaning.

sleepingcat

I do- I need to look at the art diffrently some times.

I dont go in with the preconcived notion that a reversal does somthing specific though.

Some times cards are reversed so the person on them is facing the right way! ^^

It's part of how they arrange themselves though.

Lately I've been getting a few spacefic cards reveresed a lot and I think they're blocking me from reading.

Seafra

I use reversals if the artwork allows me. I find it helps to clarify what I am specifically "blocking" in a given situation and that helps to clarify my thinking. With reversed courts it gives me a clearer hint at the mood or intent of an individual I may encounter.

I believe all of the cards have a negative and positive message upright or reversed which is further enhanced depending on how it falls in a layout. And sooo many additional meanings! ;)

The card's creator gives a hint - do they include meanings in the LWB that comes with the deck? If so, they've created the deck to be used with reversals included.

But I agree, it is all in what you feel comfortable with. Go with your gut - your personal High Priestess. hehe - Sea