View Single Post
Citizen

juliecucciawatts 
more on the Hermit since the writing of the MAAT book

Hi CR,
As long as we are on the topic of the Hermit and we know how tarot is a
living thing and is constantly unfolding. I had the privilege of going to the
Serpent Mound in Ohio the day after the Summer Solstice this past June.(The Serpent Mound is pictured in the foreground of MAAT's Hermit) I put it into the painting because of its similarity visually to the legend of Ra and Isis. And I like seeing similarities in different ancient cultures and myths. What I found there rocked my world.
First of all this giant mound is up on top of a cliff alone in the middle of an unpopulated area. When you walk the path around the serpent it is fairly tall in places and it is aligned with the Summer Solstice sunset. When viewed at sunset it appears as if the sun sets into the egg in the serpents mouth. The curves of the snakes body is aligned with the farthest moon sets and moon rises and the tail is aligned with the winter solstice sun rise, so in effect it would appear that the snake that swallows the summer solstice sun at sunset would give birth to the newborn sun on winter solstice morning. There is no writing or stories left to us about this mound but the mound itself seems to tell the story.
I made 3 short videos about this with my husband as we walked through this park June 22nd.
You may want to check out the videos and see what comes to you about it.
http://www.newmoontradingco.com/homemovies.html

Viewing the serpent mound made me understand why it had to be in the Hermit card.

Thanks for writing.
Julie
Top   #3