Mel's Old Fashioned Pips & Courts and Homemade Baked Goods

Melanchollic

Rosanne said:
ummm. I do not see the WOF as all good change. Just change.

Interestingly I see Strength (fortitude) + Hanged Man cards as Virtue and Vice.

and the controlling Virtue of Temperance or the opposite Wrath (Devil)

so Strength and Hanged Man ( Fortitude and Inconstancy) past a planet :D

To Hope and/or Despair (The Star and Moon)....

But I like how you see it (even after dinner and cocktails)

~Rosanne

I like how you pair them Rosanne! :) Good use of the TdM ordering. How do you read Justice? Is it paired with the Chariot?

Melanchollic

4 of Swords

4 OF SWORDS

Nickname - "The Enduring Struggle"
Element - Earth/Fire
Temper - Melancholic Choleric
Power - Dry
Timing - Long
Movement - Rigid
Direction - Southwest
In the cycle of a year - August/September
In the cycle of a day - Afternoon
In the cycle of a life - Age 21~28
Sex - Male
Similar Cards - 10 Swords, Valet Swords, 7 Batons, 1 Batons, King of Batons

The suit of Swords make this 4 poorly dignified. This is a state of stagnation. The 4 forms a box, and here we have the negative aspect of being "in the box", or "in a rut" which is hard to get out of. The 4 is Earth and the Sword is Fire. The common Power here is dryness. Dryness causes this card to have a long duration. Thanks to the poor dignity it is a long enduring struggle. The 4 of Swords could represent any number of continuing states of strife - an unending feud, a bad marriage, a job you hate but can afford to quit, etc.

Short Example Reading

The Querent asks: "Should I move to the west end of town?"

Card #1 (The Querent) = The Wheel of Fortune
Card #2 (The Quesited) = 4 Swords
Card #3 (How they interact) = The Moon

Judgement: Here, the WoF would be the querent's present location, which seems to be in flux. It may get better, it may get worst. The west end of town is shown by the 4 of Swords. If the querent gets into this 'box', it will be worst than where he is now, and it will be difficult to get out of, presumably for financial or contractual reasons. The Moon, also an indicator of fluctuation, suggests maybe the querent's best option is to 'ride out' the period of 'waxing and waning' at his present location until something truly good reveals itself.

Bernice

I'm back - for a speck of time. Just got out of hospital..... will keep checking in when I can. Really pleased to see Rosanne & Frelkins here. Will look in when I can, but not always be able to post.

Bee :)

SolSionnach

Hospital???

:eek:

Melanchollic

Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly. Get well soon Bee! (Flirting with cute doctors always helps :D )

Melanchollic

4 of Cups

4 OF CUPS

Nickname - "The Versatile Performer"
Element - Air/Earth
Temper - Sanguine Melancholic
Power - all
Timing - random
Movement - random
Direction - East West axis
In the cycle of a year - none
In the cycle of a day - none
In the cycle of a life - none
Sex - both
Similar Cards - 3 Batons, 5 Batons, 9 Batons, Knight Batons, 10 Cups, Valet Cups

The good dignity of the 4 of Cups allows the opposing Powers of the sanguine-melancholic temperament to cooperate. It has access to every Power - Heat, Cold, Dryness, Moisture. Coupled with the emblematic symbolism of the Cup - pleasures, gatherings, etc., we can say this ability to bring together 'everything' will tend toward giving pleasure, hence it manifests as entertainment or a field of the arts. The 4 of Cups is like the versatile performer or the multi-talented artist. Here are any number of ways to entertain and give joy. The melancholic side of this card keeps it focused and tempers the airy tendencies to drift or be inconsistent, so the quick wit of the sanguine is brought to the level of a serious discipline. The combination of the two makes for a master of their chosen art.

Short Example Question

The Querent asks: "Should I go out with George?"

Card #1 (The Querent) = 2 Batons
Card #2 (The Quesited) = The Sun
Card #3 (How they interact) = 4 Cups

Judgement: Yes! The querent is indecisive (2 Batons). George, the quesited, is positive as the Sun. The relationship would be enjoyable on many levels (4 Cups). It seems like the querent and the quesited are rather different type folks, yet the 4 of Cups suggests that these differences would work for the relationship, and not against it.

Melanchollic

4 of Coins

4 OF COINS

Nickname - "Home"
Element - Water/Earth
Temper - Phlegmatic/Melancholic
Power - Cold
Timing - Slow
Movement - Unifying
Direction - Northwest
In the cycle of a year - November/December
In the cycle of a day - Evening
In the cycle of a life - Age 49~56
Sex - Female
Similar Cards - 2 Batons, 6 Batons, 8 Batons, Queen Batons, 10 Coins, Valet Coins

The Coin is moderately dignified. The 4 is stable and comfortable. The 4 forms four walls around us and shelters us. The Coin adds to this sense of material comfort, making the 4 of Coins a loving, comfortable, stable place, like the image of the idealized home. The Power here is Cold. It is unifying, nurturing, and leisurely. In all questions the answer is of the nature of a relaxed comfortability, and is leisurely and nice, like sitting around the hearth sipping mulled wine with family.

Short Example Reading

The Querent asks: "Should I leave Susan for Jane?"

Card #1 (The Querent) = 4 Coins
Card #2 (The Quesited) = Moon
Card #3 (How they interact) = Wheel of Fortune

Judgement: Here Card #1 is Susan, and Card #2 is Jane. The Moon, and the WoF show Jane to be 'fluctuating' and impermanent. The relationship would most likely be fleeting and brief. Though the querent may presently feel tempted by the new and mysterious, he will soon realize that Susan is the sort of person he could 'settle down' with. She is nurturing, comfortable to be with, and easy to relax around.

Bernice

4 Coins:
The Querent asks: "Should I leave Susan for Jane?"

Card #1 (The Querent) = 4 Cups
Card #2 (The Quesited) = Moon
Card #3 (How they interact) = Wheel of Fortune

You mean Coins, yes? Love this descripton.

(The surgery: Outer dressings came off last night. Stitches to be removed two weeks hence. ..... slowly getting there :))

Melanchollic

Bernice said:
4 Coins:

You mean Coins, yes? Love this descripton.

(The surgery: Outer dressings came off last night. Stitches to be removed two weeks hence. ..... slowly getting there :))

Ah! Right.. It's corrected now. Thanks Bee. :)

So, any cute doctors?!?

Bernice

Hello Mel,

I particularly like the passive/active aspect of these cards. The projective & receptive energies make their actions clearer in a reading.

No. No cute doctors. But I had the luck to have a kind and thoughtful theatre-nurse, and a good ward-nurse.