View Single Post
Resident

3Jane 

The scene and symbolism (as I see it intuitively without referring to the book):

A person dressed in jaguar skin is holding a dagger in their right hand, pointing upwards. A lightning touches the tip of the dagger. They are holding a flaming torch in their left hand, pointing downwards. From their right foot, water seems to be falling into a cup. The left foot stomps on some brown discs. The background is divided into four parts. The person is arranged in such a way that tool is positioned on its own background: the dagger on light orange, the wand on dark orange, the discs on light brown, the cup on green. Around the figure there is a halo of yellow colour. On the orange/wand part of the card (towards the left if you were the figure) there is a Sphinx.

The story based on the scene above:

A woman dresses in leopard skin and goes into trance. There, she meets a Sphinx that she must pass if she wants to gain power. To answer the Sphinx's riddle, she demonstrates the proper usage of magical tools. This understanding grants her mastery over all realms of life, herself becoming the centre of the perfectly balanced world.

Some words and phrases have caught my attention when reading through the book:

(Card description) changing one thing into another (through fire), toolmaker, shaman, mediator between two worlds, discriminating, making choices, responsibility, differentiation, reason, ego, fire of will manifesting through power of thought. Connection to the world instead of superiority working with it by merging with it. The Sphinx is the keeper of ancestral mysteries.

(Divinatory description) Consciousness. Action. Goal. Self-confidence. Creativeness. Get what you want. Gift of energy, motivation to do, to act, to go forth. Beginning projects. Taking a stand. Affirming a belief. Sense of purpose. Reaching out. Fire of passion. Sexual initiation. Dance of ecstasy. Fire of new growth.

Based on this, my keywords would be:
Positive: being goal-oriented, action, mastery of tools and skills (by harmonising yourself)
Negative: obsessed, restless, treating everything instrumentally

Quotes I found on BrainyQuote that I thought were related:

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.
Henry Ford

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
C. S. Lewis

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
Bruce Lee
Top   #3