View Single Post
Resident

mystere2e 
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisa
The hare lives in the earth, and is an archetypal guide to the underworld of the unconscious. The animal appears here to guide the Fool down into those depths--the darkness that must be charted for the Fool to lose his ignorance and reemerge into the light. It is a shamanistic journey, for the shaman goes down into a hole in the earth, led by a spirit guide, to enter other realms.
Is it just me, or does this sound eerily like the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland?

He stumbles upon an ignorant yet curious Alice and persuades her to enter his "mysterious" world -- none of which makes sense, but could very well represent different aspects of our subconscious.

The first thing I thought of when I saw this card was the connection with Alice in Wonderland and the idea of the naive adventurer. This card strikes me as a warning of sorts. Just like Alice in Wonderland, you should not take the trip unless you are ready to experience some kind of mental & physical anguish that will go along with your learning process.
Top   #8