5 of pentacles as how someone feels

wind

I am not sure how to interpret 5 of pentacles as feelings...can someone help?

Is it that they find the person finds you unasatisfying or lacking something?

Thank you!

Lysh

With this card I always look closely at surrounding cards. I might have some thoughts that are different than others but here they are:
- feeling lack of trust/faith towards the relationship. Sometimes when in any kind of relationship people have fears about the longevity, faith it will go in a positive way etc. and sometimes I see this card as indicating that lack of belief that all can be well.
- as strange as this meaning can sound for this card, depending on surrounding cards, I also see this as indicating feelings towards someone that you are a team, you are bound together through thick and thin. Usually something tough might be going on for this card to show up, but sometimes we get use to having someone in our life and we might feel we 'need' that person to make it through. I dont know if I have explained this take on the card well. lol I tried :).

willowfox

How about a social outcast.

Starling

I pulled this card yesterday as an advice card and realized that I was feeling as if I was locked outside looking in at life. I was watching other people having a good time, but not having a good time for myself.

The two people are outside a building that is lit from within and that is warm and dry. But they are out in the storm. They don't know if the building's door is open or closed. That door isn't on the card. And I'm not sure if they are even thinking about finding the door inside. On the RWS you can't tell. I've seen other cards where they aren't moving, they've stopped and you know that they aren't even trying to get inside.

So think about how the people on your version of the card are feeling. They are hurt, in physical pain, cold, sad and depressed.

MegaDeck

emotionally depressed

Yes this card is emotional, an expression of a depression.
but the joy is also there when we see the hope nearby.

PentQueen

They could be feeling rejected, abandoned, unsupported and have perhaps adopted a victim mentality within the relationship.

Grizabella

The victim mentality, yes, but there are two people there and it might mean they're feeling protective of you as well. Maybe you bring out their protective urges.

wind

hello,

thank you all for your responses!

It is true that I am going throug a very difficult time and this person is indeed a bit protective and standing by me...maybe this is reflected in this card.

starrystarrynight

Like Lysh said, you really have to take into account the surrounding cards...

That said, I've seen this card come up to signify that the other person sees your relationship as a "you-and-me-against-the-world" relationship, as often as that s/he feels you have left him/her out in the cold. I've also had it suggest they feel you are depressed or depressing to them. Or that they feel you are financially less well-off than they are, and that may be a bothersome point to them.

Thirteen

wind said:
It is true that I am going throug a very difficult time and this person is indeed a bit protective and standing by me...maybe this is reflected in this card.
The person may be feeling helpless in regards to trying to help you. One element of the card is that it usually pictures two people out in the snow, a woman and a man (at least). There can be, as said, a "team" feeling if both are going through the same troubles, but there can also be a feeling that they can't help each other and they want to.

It's hard when you're watching someone going through a difficult time; you go through it with them, out there in the snow, and you do your best to protect them, provide for them and get them through this difficult time. Yet you know that you haven't the power to really change the situation. That's pretty demoralizing.

I would say that however difficult a time you're having, you should reassure this person that they *are* helping and making things better. In times of trouble, we don't often tell such people how much they're doing for us, how they're helping us to survive this terrible time and continue on. We should, because otherwise we leave them wondering and worried, fearing that they're not good enough.