Golden Tarot

Lee

Just from my perspective, I think if a customer is getting a signed copy, they will pretty much take it for granted that there will be no shrinkwrap.

I love this deck and I certainly will be ordering a signed copy if available. My only problem now is figuring out how to make the months fly until October...

-- Lee :)

Cerulean

I'd love to review this for Tarotgarden.com if Jeannette or Lori doesn't, as I can see Aeclectic and Tarotpassages fans lining up to review it as soon as it comes out.
And what is nice is the news update, as I like to set aside a monthly budget for decks...and there's a few decks that I am eyeing already for the Spring and it's only January.
Best wishes,
Mari Hoshizaki

Lee

Hi, Kat --

Do you have any firmer idea as to the format(s) of the deck? Will it be a larger "deluxe" version with gilt, and then a smaller, regular-size version without gilt?

Just curious (I would buy both) --
Lee

retrokat

Hi Lee,

Sorry, I don't know the details yet. They told me they're doing a deluxe version, with gilt edges and a hardcover companion book - but that's about all I know.

I did tell them that I'm hoping for a 'standard' (economy) version too. As a penniless-artist-type myself, I know not everyone can afford a deluxe deck. Also, it's a good idea as you suggest for people who really like it to have a deluxe version for collecting/ admiring, but an inexpensive and less showy copy for eveyday use.

Will certainly keep everyone posted if I hear anything :)

retrokat

Print Resolution Bookmark

Back in May last year, I made a printable bookmark for people who wanted a preview to see the quality of the new deck. At some stage I kinda accidentally removed the link to it from my site, so I thought I'd let you guys all know where it is so you can download it:

http://www.goldentarot.com/v2preview.htm

I've got so much kind support from Aecleticers already that I wouldn't want any of to pay for it - just download it and print it out. I'd be very happy for you all to have one.

darwinia

Re: Print Resolution Bookmark

retrokat said:
Back in May last year, I made a printable bookmark for people who wanted a preview to see the quality of the new deck. (snip)
I've got so much kind support from Aecleticers already that I wouldn't want any of to pay for it - just download it and print it out. I'd be very happy for you all to have one.

Lovely thing! I put mine on a fancy paper background and will laminate it at work on Tuesday. The colours go very nicely with the Faeries oracle book, so it can stay there until it's *real* home becomes available this October.

retrokat

Free online readings with Golden Tarot!

Due to an existing contractual arrangement I have with Facade.com, they had permission to use Golden Tarot for free online readings before I got my publishing deal with US Games. It's taken them a while to get it happening, but finally all systems are go!

So, for those of you who aren't horrified by the thought of automated online readings, head over and check it out at:

http://www.facade.com/tarot/golden/

Have fun with it!

Logiatrix

IWANTTHISDECK!!!

retrokat,
worry not about whether tarotholics will afford your deck: we buy tarot, then we eat...
this one may actually oust my visconti gold out of it's #1 spot, and that's no-small-potatoes!
i want, i want, i want...
your creation is absolutely beautiful!
:D

Pollux

What can I say... RAISE THE ROOF METAZ!!! *LOL*

I have been taught how to appreciate MEdieval Art since I was a kid. It's part of my cultural heritage. Having that wealth of beauty and art and refinement in a tarot deck, and so beautifully done...
Everytime I check it I find HOW BEAUTIFUL a card is and I hadn't noticed it before. Today it was the 8 of Cups...

GO KAT!!!
:*