Coming Love Interest Spread

WolfyJames

I came up with that spread for a friend, because I didn't have my big book of spreads with me at that moment. I kind of like the reading it gave so I decided to share the spread with you. It's a spread when we ask about our coming love interest, when we haven't met the person yet but wonder about him/her. I haven't come up with how to order the cards for the spread.

Since I do not believe in soul mates, or I should say the concept being thrown around these days that soul mates are all romantic-deep-love-and-commitment-one-in-a-lifetime relationship, I came up with this spread for coming love relationships. This spread will allow you to see possible love relationships, whether they'll be serious or not. And with this spread you'll be able to decide if you want to get in these relationships or not. Maybe you don't want serious, I'm not here to judge!

Coming Love Interest Spread

1 - Who is your coming love interest.

2 - His/her work, job.

3 - His/her quality.

4 - His/her flaw.

5 - His/her look (look on the card to see if there is any character on the card that could give you a clue about hair color per example, suits can give an indication (cups = blond, wands = red/auburn, coins = brown and swords = dark/black per example) and court cards can give a clue about the age as well).

6 - What he/she will think of you the first time you will meet.

7 - What you will think of him/her the first time you will meet.

8 - His/her feelings for you.

9 - Your feelings for him/her.

10 - The strength of your relationship.

11 - The weakness of your relationship.

12 - Love potential in long term.

destinyawaitsme

Hey I did this spread, and I thought it was pretty interesting. i was wondering how you interpreted some of the position meanings. For example, the "look" card...is this supposed to be a court card position? I got the Ace of Swords here...skinny like a sword maybe? lol

Teranar

I can use this every time one of my friends pester me about finding them a GF (Being a part time matchmaker can be tiresome!)
Hmmm... I think I'll test this out on me....

1: 6 of wands Reversed
2: Page of Pinnacles
3: Page of swords reversed
4: King of Swords reversed
5: 4 of Swords reversed
6: The World Reversed
7: The Star reversed
8: 2 of swords (Finally, a non-reversed card)
9: 4 of pinnacles reversed
10: Queen of Pinnacles reversed
11: The Empress Reversed
12: 2 of Pinnacles reversed

Mmmm... This actually describes someone I know... And the two of Pinnacles reversed is a very very accurate description of any potential for the future...

WolfyJames

I'm glad to see that people find this spread interesting. I thought so too so instead to put it in the garbage I chose to share. I'm often asked this question and a celtic cross is not a good spread for that.

destinyawaitsme said:
Hey I did this spread, and I thought it was pretty interesting. i was wondering how you interpreted some of the position meanings. For example, the "look" card...is this supposed to be a court card position? I got the Ace of Swords here...skinny like a sword maybe? lol

Or maybe that person has sharp angulous traits, or has a geeky or intellectual style. ;) Traditionally, Swords people are dark-haired but that doesn't mean it's indeed the case here. There is no obligation for a court card to be here. You can check the characters on the card.

Teranar said:
Mmmm... This actually describes someone I know... And the two of Pinnacles reversed is a very very accurate description of any potential for the future...

You got so many cards reversed, may I suggest you that you avoid that person? Sounds like a troublesome relationship... and you know it.

WalesWoman

I thought the spread questions were great and sent it to a couple single friends of mine...only thing I didn't notice until I got a reply back from them...there is no layout!

One of them layed it out in a series of three cards and rows of three under that...how did you lay it out?

WolfyJames

I didn't make a layout for the spread. I just took each card and put them next to one another. I was more careful about the spread, the meaning for each position than the emplacement of the cards. You can use whatever layout pleases you.

katie_here

I just figured out this layout

Don't know which order of the cards is best though, but I thought the final card was best for the head.

..............................:* ...................... (this bits for fun!)
............................|12| upright
...........................[ 11 ] (horizontally)
............................|6|
......................|7|.......|9|
..................|8|.....|5|....|10|

......................|3|.......|4|
......................|1|.......|2|

so its laid out like a stick figure.

Cards 1, 2, 3, 4 are the legs, 5 & 6 body, 7,8,9,10 are the arms. 11 shoulders and 12 head.

just an idea if you like it.

katie_here

Just done this spread

and very good it was too. In fact, the reading looks really interesting, but I'll post it in Readings and do an exchange.

I think after doing it, the numbering was a bit wrong. I've changed it but although I think its in a better position, it doesn't lay out very well.

............................|5| upright
...........................[ 10] (horizontally)
............................|12|
......................|6|.......|7|
..................|8|.....|11|....|9|

......................|3|.......|4|
......................|1|.......|2|

What he/she looks like is 5 (the head)

The strength (10) shoulders
Love potential (12) the heart
Weakness (11) stomach

The them and you on either side of the arms.

and if you think this is absolute rubbish, please don't forget to tell me!!! ;)

jlbvt

Teranar said:
I can use this every time one of my friends pester me about finding them a GF (Being a part time matchmaker can be tiresome!)
Hmmm... I think I'll test this out on me....

1: 6 of wands Reversed
2: Page of Pinnacles
3: Page of swords reversed
4: King of Swords reversed
5: 4 of Swords reversed
6: The World Reversed
7: The Star reversed
8: 2 of swords (Finally, a non-reversed card)
9: 4 of pinnacles reversed
10: Queen of Pinnacles reversed
11: The Empress Reversed
12: 2 of Pinnacles reversed

The fact that the two majors you got were in the positions of what you both thought of each other when you met is cool- maybe it signifies a special realtionship? She thinks the world of you, and to you, she is your "star" !

katie_here

Question

I've just been reading a few threads, and I came across one that mentioned "time".

Is there anyway to tell what the time frame is for this coming love?