astrology study group ~ cancer

isthmus nekoi

Hello and welcome to the Aeclectic study group for astrology. Today's the summer solstice which signal's the sun's entrance into Cancer who is associated with the 4th house, and the moon so we'll be talking about how these 3 play out in our natal charts.

If you've just stepped in, please check out the index thread which contains all threads relavent to the study group including past signs and an introduction:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?threadid=12481

isthmus nekoi

There are no signs in Cancer, and my 4th house is empty, cusped by Taurus. I have a Sag moon tenanting 10th.

Cancer cusps my 6th house, showing my attitude towards coworkers and health. b/c my moon is sextiling Jupiter/Saturn, I tend to be very open and congenial w/my coworkers although I wouldn't go as far as saying I'd consider them like family. I've also found women very helpful in finding me work, or when we are in the workplace. Cancer is a passive sign, so despite having a lot of physical energy, I don't exercise much! My family doctor is also extremely nuturing.

Minderwiz

Isthmus,

Thanks for starting another study group thread. In my chart Cancer is on the cusp of the twelfth House, and although I have three planets (Mars, Pluto and Saturn) in the twelfth, these are all in Leo.

Alan Oken describes Cancer on the twelfth as a need to help and protect those in distress - a placement which is one of the most compassionate ones possible. I must admit that I do find myself taking this sort of role. The problem is obviously becoming too personally involved and losing detachment. Fortunately the Moon as ruler of Cancer, and hence the twelfth is in Aquarius, perhaps the most detached sign. So I can step back and aquire some objectivity. My Moon is also in a critical degree - one of the mansions of the Moon. one of 28 daily stations of the Moon's travel through the Zodiac. and at 21 degrees of Aquarius the Moon has some dignity by Face (though this is not a particularly strong dignity).

My Moon is in the sixth House of service and routine work. This suggest that I should try to help others through my work, though as its a sixth house placement this is likely to be through employment rather than self employment. In fact I am a teacher, and this is a fairly good symbol of the sixth House Moon ruling the twelfth. The twelfth House is also associated with institutions, and whilst a prison or hospital is perhaps the best example, a large college (where I work) may well also fit this placement.

My fourth House is in Scorpio and is therefore ruled by Mars (I use the traditional rulerships, Pluto may be associated with Scorpio, but for me does not rule it). Mars is in the twelfth, as already mentioned, so there is an indirect link to the Moon, the natural ruler of the fourth. (For the modernists amongst you, Pluto is also in the twelfth so the link remains).

Mars therefore links my need to merge with something greater and to help other to my family and home. As my wife (Cancer Ascendant) is just completing level 2 Reiki, and undertaking courses in Crystal Healing and Aromotherapy and I have qualified in Astrology there is every likelihood of us turning to a home based, spiritually based way of serving others. My wife is also a fair to middling medium when the need arises.

The fourth rules home, family (in the collective sense of all my family past and present), roots, real estate and the Father (or Mother for more modern Astrologers). The fourth also rules the inner self (the outer public self is ruled by the tenth - career and social status). It is what I keep to myself and keep within myself.

In terms of Health, Cancer rules the breasts, the lungs, and according to Lilly, the Stomach. Culpeper misses out the stomach but includes the liver, and spleen.

Moongold

We had better send a reminder to Kitty and all the other cancer people who dropped in earlier this year.

I'll get some cups and other things out to mop up the Water?

:joke: :D :CL :CL :D :joke:

We can have some cool wine and blue as well?

Minderwiz

Good thinking Moongold but they've probably gone back in their shells :)

Tor

Hi :)

Cancer plays a major role in my chart.

I have my I.C. and 4th house cusp in Cancer, and that is where I have my roots and origin.

I'm very connected to my mom, and love being at home. I also love cooking. This goes well with my hermit soulcard in tarot, and I'm out of my apartement only for a half hour every week.

But what really makes Cancer so important, is that the ruler of my rising sign Aries (which is Mars), is placed in Cancer in 4th house. Jupiter is at the same place too.

The ruler of the rising sign and it's placement, is said to be of major importance in a horoscope. Maybe I should have made a own thread about this...?

Anyway, in my case it's Mars......the red, male planet......giving me aggression, male conquering energy and a straightforward view on things.

But with a placement in Cancer, which is so introvert, protecting, emotional and moody, I have a hard time when it comes to expressing my male energy. I have with one exception just female friends, and feel most men are too raw and stupid.....hehe. (sorry guys) :) Of course that is not a rule, but I connect much better to females and their values.

My male energy os also very nurturing. I love to feed people with thoughts and hugs to make them feel better, and I'm fond of children and can be very protective.

In a relationship I seem to take over the traditional female role. I'm the chef in the house, and also tend to be the one who wants to talk about emotions. And I'm in a deep need for security.

I have been toghether with two cancer women, and they are my best relationships so far.

Well, this is some of my cancerian influence...

:)

AquarianGoddess

I, like Minderwiz, have Cancer on the 12th house cusp, with Moon in the 4th in Scorpio.

Minderwiz, I agree with Oken's assessment of 12th/cancer people looking out for the distressed. I'm usually fighting for somebody's rights and sometimes even my own (when I'm in distress). I'm always rooting for the underdog (12th house).

My Moon in the 4th in water, escaserbates those tendencies and I do lean toward making things "emotional" matters (probably due to Moon square Pluto). I don't forget when I or someone else is wronged.

As I see it, it could be worse (lol), I could have been a alcoholic, or druggie or worse, so the way I absorb that placement isn't too bad on the big scheme of life!

AG

Minderwiz

AG,

Only a square to Pluto - that's easy LOL

My Moon is in opposition to Pluto (though fairly wide - six and a half degrees) BUT it's also opposed to Saturn (to 11 minutes), Square to Mercury (3 minutes), in Opposition to the Ascendant (2 degrees) but kindly Trine to Uranus.

So how do I sort that lot out :)

isthmus nekoi

Hey Balder! My roommate had a Cancer ASC, Mars in 4th and Libra... he loves babies and said he would enjoy life most as a househusband (is that a word yet?).

Minderwiz, good thing you have an Aquarian moon to stay objective about its aspects :)

Minderwiz

Too true Isthmus!!!!!

Otherwise I'd probably be locked away by now LOL