The High Priestess Reversed in a love spread

novenovembre

Just curious.....how would you interpret the high priestess reversed in a love relashionship, answering the question what he feels for her/how he sees her ? Not good, mh ?

starrystarrynight

He may want to begin to take the mystery out of things by moving the relationship from the platonic to a more sensual/sexual intimacy if it isn't already in that realm.

novenovembre

That's interesting....I've always seen the reversed high priestess a a mysterious but disturbing figure, who would make the other person feel uncomfortable in unexplained, subconscious way......but your interpretation could also fit in.....

novenovembre

Ps

But what if they already have a sexual relationship ?

majowy

He sees her as lacking femininity?

novenovembre

God, that is the opposite of what starrynight said....now I'm confused.....

novenovembre

Can you explain what you mean ? Starrynight said he may want a sexual relationship, you say she lacks femininity.....surrounding cards aside, I find it hard to put the 2 together....maybe finding her " disturbingly attactive" (or attractive but somehow disturbing) puts them together, which is what I meant.....

majowy

Can you explain what you mean ? Starrynight said he may want a sexual relationship, you say she lacks femininity.....surrounding cards aside, I find it hard to put the 2 together....maybe finding her " disturbingly attactive" (or attractive but somehow disturbing) puts them together, which is what I meant.....

What I meant, he may see her as exhibiting some masculine traits - e.g. in her behaviour and character (active rather than passive, intellectual rather than intuitive, dominant rather than submissive, etc.). There's no reason whatsoever why this should preclude sexual attraction. And even if it's taken physically (e.g. she's boyish in appearance) - maybe this is what turns him on. To each his own, like I said.

Here's a thread on HP reversed, you will find many interesting ideas there, perhaps they will fit the situation better: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=57386

ChristianReader

i hope this helps a little

Reversed i say that his intentions with her arent the most pure. He may want to have sex with her to reveal her mystery... even though sex isnt the key to unlocking it; he doesnt realize that because thats just what he feels. But it shows that he could think of her as a tease or temptress or plainly too damn secretive... especially if he doesnt know that you're into the occult. SIDE NOTE: may sound funny but i have learned that men have a strong intuition as well. Dont be surprised if he figures out that u love or like him...Their men not mind numb animals(sometimes they can be but it comes with being human). I have done readings for myself concerning guys who all of a sudden get very odd assumptions of me and the HP would start to come up, turns out either they had a strong feeling i liked them, they would feel very close to me for no physical reason, they would think i am soooo creepy, or they thought i was a psychic or a "witch". LOL I dont usually read reversals because i can tell whether upside down or not to take the card in light or shadow it. but the darker side of the hp....is when someone may feel deeply attached to her and want to tie her down ( not physically i hope!) but they want her and the over all vibe of such desire is a little dark. The person could feel like they are under a spell with you and they have no idea why they are attracted to you like this. So im not sure which one you asked but thats how they would see/ feel about you in a reversed manner.