The Tarot of Vampyres - Four of Grails

WolfyJames

He has taken everything from her. She may have found him charming at first when she was human, but things have changed since. He drained her dry, turned her into a vampire against her will, took her away from those she loved (family and friends), and now she is trapped in some room. He refuses to let her go, he wants to keep her all for himself, he keeps forcing his way on her and draining her blood again and again. All she has left is despair and apathy He is quite satisfied of the situation on his side, he is in bliss drinking her blood.

The moon symbol is her pendant and the cancer on his shirt. I mention this because 4 of cups is moon in cancer.

I want to point that since the deck is heavily inspired by the Thoth, the keyword for this card is LUXURY.

Attachments

• cups04200.jpg
    cups04200.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 977

Devin

I just pulled a random card from the deck to start with, since this has been my process since purchasing this deck (rather than going through the cards in any sort of an order).

In this image, I see the vampire feeding on the blood of a young woman (probably a virgin). It's a sensual image and brings to mind a sort of love-making and passion between the two of them, but I see a vampire who is taking his time and savoring the blood of the woman whose essence he adds to his own. He's set the scene for this love-making of sorts, with satin sheets on the bed and incense burning in the background. He is completely at ease and comfortable with his surroundings. Nothing worries this vampire at all.

The woman gives up her life-force willingly in this image. She's not fighting with the vampire or attempting to stop him from taking her essence and, with it, her life. It seems that she is at ease with him and comfortable with her own death. She has nothing to worry about. This is just another phase of life.

(I personally find this to be one of the most beautiful cards in the deck and it's definitely among my favorites!)