The Book of English Magic

Aurora369

Adding my two cents, since I just saw this thread. I also ordered this as a Yule present to myself, but I have not picked it up to read yet. Since I read your review, Le Fanu, I will hopefully be starting the book this weekend. Thanks for a great preview.

firefrost

I'm intrigued - I just read what I could at Amazon and ordered it!

Babalon Jones

just ordered it too :thumbsup:

jema

Just got the cheap paperback edition and it looks just great, well worth the money in my opinion. A little gem in any occult library

stellar4

Might be useful for anyone in the UK - the Works (cheapo book chain) are selling the paperback for £2.99. Needless to say I thought it a good investment and bought one.

Babalon Jones

Arggh still waiting...Amazon said it was delayed. But it is supposed to arrive in the next week or two-ish, so waiting eagerly!

Carla

Might be useful for anyone in the UK - the Works (cheapo book chain) are selling the paperback for £2.99. Needless to say I thought it a good investment and bought one.

GAH!!! I paid like £20 for hardback when it first came out. Doh!

Nickigirl

GAH!!! I paid like £20 for hardback when it first came out. Doh!

I bought the hardcover, too, and for $44! Books in Canada seem to be SO expensive! But I don't regret a penny, it's such a fascinating read! And I love the look and feel of the hardcover :)

Grigori

I bought the hardcover, too, and for $44! Books in Canada seem to be SO expensive! But I don't regret a penny, it's such a fascinating read! And I love the look and feel of the hardcover :)

I bought the hardcover when in the UK when it first came out, and just saw a paperback version in a local shop here last week. I'm glad I spent the extra money on the hardcover, its a damn pretty book and the kind I'd want the hardcover for. I didn't like the paperback's appearance in comparison. So no need to feel bad anyone who didn't get the paperback :D

Nickigirl

I bought the hardcover when in the UK when it first came out, and just saw a paperback version in a local shop here last week. I'm glad I spent the extra money on the hardcover, its a damn pretty book and the kind I'd want the hardcover for. I didn't like the paperback's appearance in comparison. So no need to feel bad anyone who didn't get the paperback :D

:D I haven't seen the paperback, but suspected that the hardcover is prettier! ;)