3 of pentacles reversed

JennyM

This card is about expressing onself, about creating something in the concrete, right? What about reversed? Could it mean someone having trouble expressing him/herself? Writer's block?

tink27

I think the three of pentacles is about expressing our inheritied and natural talents. It's the beginning of us expressing our patterns of experience. It's revealing what is burried deep down inside us.

When my writing is blocked, it's usually because I'm wrestling with something...something could either be blocking my emotional expression or I need to learn and understand more about the situation. It also may have to do with old programming and traditions which when we let go, a new script will emerge.

Thirteen

JennyM said:
This card is about expressing onself, about creating something in the concrete, right? What about reversed? Could it mean someone having trouble expressing him/herself? Writer's block?
Could be, certainly, although I've found that cards refering to writing (in my case at least) usually appear as wands (creative) or swords (communication).

This is the craftsman's card, however, and is more about craft (editing?) and work than creativity; in the upright position it is usually about making something to show off your ability and so get backing to continue your work. The craftsman, after all, has completed his 3/pentacles and is presenting them.

Reversed could indicate that what you're working on is not completed and so you're unable to show them--and so are missing out on the chance to get that backing. So it would more likely indicate that you sent out some sample chapters and the editors haven't gotten back to you on them...or they rejected them.

In other words, the blocked energy here is an inability to show off a sample and so get support--not (per se) blocked creativity/communication. It's less likely writer's block than a sample of your writing that you weren't able to finish editing and fear will make a bad impression.

Does that make sense?

Horace

I could see it as writer's block. It could mean that you've just lost your incentive. Mostly because it turns up for me when I'm being lazy, or procrastinating. :) Also that you might not be putting enough care into what you're doing.
Upright, I have somebody looking over my shoulder, sort of prodding me on, offering encouragement for my creation. Hh

starrystarrynight

I think this one could definitely denote what some people call "writer's block", possibly having to do with not having thought through the subject enough to see a clear denouement or something like that.

Grizabella

I agree with Thirteen. Wands and Swords would have more to do with the actual writing. Three of Pentacles would have more to do with a finished project being looked at by someone else.

JennyM

Solitaire* said:
I agree with Thirteen. Wands and Swords would have more to do with the actual writing. Three of Pentacles would have more to do with a finished project being looked at by someone else.

How about someone looking over his/her work and thinking "No, this isn't good enough. I don't like it. This won't do at all." Someone who doesn't like his/her creation. Isn't satisfied with it. (thinking of reversed meaning)??

JennyM

Thirteen said:
It's less likely writer's block than a sample of your writing that you weren't able to finish editing and fear will make a bad impression.

Does that make sense?

I think so. I'm getting the feeling that it's something like an artist, a creator...who is unhappy with his/her work. It isn't up to par, could be better etc.

How about something simple like...the work isn't completed yet?

Thirteen

JennyM said:
I think so. I'm getting the feeling that it's something like an artist, a creator...who is unhappy with his/her work. It isn't up to par, could be better etc.
Yeah, I think that works. The creator doesn't want to show the work to anyone, it's not good enough or even badly flawed.

Elnor

Thirteen said:
Yeah, I think that works. The creator doesn't want to show the work to anyone, it's not good enough or even badly flawed.

I think of 'creative cooperation' for this card... the work of the architect, the draftsman, and the surveyor are all equally important... they need to work together to get the project successfully completed.

Could it be that they don't want anyone else's imput? Like Thirteen said, they don't want to show it to anyone- perhaps the fear of criticism, (even constructive) is stopping them finishing their work?

Or they are not happy with the ideas or suggestions of a publisher or proof-reader?

elnor