Lenormand - Treppner Course

faunabay

While I'm extremely glad I bought Sylvie's book!! I respect her knowledge immensely! Along with her book, I wanted something else to reference while learning the lenormand. So when I learned about the Treppner Course I jumped at it. While it's written in german there is an english translation version you can buy.

The Treppner Course is a computer book that Iris Treppner will email to you in a couple of different files. I received the course within an hour of sending them the money!! WOW! That was quick!! :) It's very informative but at the same time she makes a point of telling you her information is just a jumping off point. You should take what she says and make it your own by adding your own twists and thoughts.

It also takes you through the learning process more slowly. Which is more comfortable for me at this point. I had NO exposure to lenormand what so ever before buying my first deck. So I wanted a complete baby step way to learn. I'm enjoying it immensely and wanted to let others know there is something else out there in english!! :*

Astraea

The Treppner course is wonderful. You can buy the entire text from Iris Treppner for a little over 24 Euros, which is what I recommend for English-speaking students; the full price of 49.50 Euros also enables entrance into the Treppner forum, but most of the threads there are in German.

You can find the course at http://www.treppner-kartenlegen.de/index.php?id=320&no_cache=1. Click on "Lenormand Fernstudium" (the third button on the left-side navigation bar) and scroll down to the part of the page that says "Documents Only." People who don't speak German will need to use Google Translate or BabelFish to read the page, because the website is entirely in German.

The English translation of the course is excellent. The course is sold for as little as $1 on eBay, but that constitutes a violation of the Treppners' copyright -- the 24-Euro course is worth the price, and it will help to support the Treppners' good work.

Thanks for starting this thread, Faunabay, I agree with you that here is another great English-language tool for learning!

Lee

I agree with faunabay, I too purchased the Treppner course materials, I think they're great!

For anyone interested, here's how I ordered it:

The full course costs around $75 in US dollars, and that includes the pdf files for the textbook, and access to the forum where you can get feedback and dialogue with other students. Unfortunately the forum is in German so it doesn't us much good, unless you're fluent in German, which I'm not! She also provides the pdf files in an English translation, but no English forum.

Iris has just started selling the pdf files, both English and German, for half the course price, 24.90 euros. So you're getting all the pdf files, just no forum access. I think for the price it's a good deal for what you get. I haven't counted the pages but the pdf files add up to something like 130 pages, it's a sizeable book.

If you're interested, here is the web page, translated (badly) by Google.

If you scroll down the page, you'll see "Payment distant learning materials
for 24.90 euros", and below that a button that says "Jetzt Kaufen". If you
click that, it takes you to a Paypal page in German. When you log in on your
Paypal account (assuming you have one), it's then in English and you just
click the "pay now" button.

There's nowhere in that Paypal procedure to write a note to the vendor, so I
sent an e-mail afterwards to:

info@treppner-kartenlegen.de

asking them to please send the English version.

-- Lee

Lee

LOL, Astraea and I posted simultaneously. Well, as they say, great minds think alike! :)

-- Lee

Astraea

Lee, you did a much better job describing the ordering process than I did! You really explain everything well and people will be able to follow those instructions easily.

faunabay

I've been doing what Astraea brought up quite a few weeks ago. I've been drawing two cards each morning, but leaving them face down. Then in the evening I turn them over and see how I can apply them to my day. It had been extremely interesting and informative.
Iris Treppner talks about drawing one card, but Astraea and I do two. :) It helps me to learn the combinations easier!

6 Haunted Days

I wish I could afford this right now, it looks very comfortable and a slower/relaxed way to learn....plus I will need a way to pay online, which I don't have grrrr. Someday perhaps!

But I do look forward to everyone's thoughts and insights....any tidbit I will soak up and learn! :) So bring it on peoples lol.

I am going to start the 2 card a day deal in the morning then read them later. Great idea.

Gavriela

Guido (Iris's boyfriend, also the guy who translated the materials into English) is a member here - NoCoolName is his nick. Somebody might want to give him a shout as to what's up, because if you're going to use the materials, then that's only polite. Or I can give him a yell if you'd prefer. I don't know if he checks in here much anymore, because the Lenormand interest died down until Sylvie's book came out - it kind of goes in waves here.

There is an English section over at Rue de Tournon (Iris's forum), but it's pretty small. It does help to speak German if you're over there - questions get answered faster. But don't let that deter you - we do have a few English speakers there, too (I have been woefully negligent about checking in lately, I admit).

Lenormand being Lenormand, I don't agree with all of the Treppner interpretations - but I doubt they do either. I wrote ten or eleven pages of possible Scythe combos out once, just as an exercise - that didn't even cover every possibility, and the thought of anyone publishing that much per card - it's just not going to happen, no publisher would do it.

The Treppners are delightful people, and they certainly know their stuff. I learned the full board reading method I use from Kathe and Werner, and have made up my own shorter spreads. If you want to go with 'French method' and 'German method', it may be that the French method is the one that uses the Querent's card (Lady or Gentleman) to demarcate past/present/future, whilst the 'German method' uses the whole board of 36 cards as the future - past events showing up as they affect the present, but not having a particular position. It actually does make sense once you wrap your head around it - I promise!

Guido used to sell the course on ebay for as little as $1. Is somebody else doing that now? I'm certain they'd want to know about it if so, because that is a copyright violation.

Gavriela

Eesh, something else I should mention.

I haven't read Sylvie's book, but she has made it abundantly clear that she does not want her students learning traditional Lenormand methods if they are just starting out learning with her. Now, I disagree with her that traditional methods won't get you accurate readings, but that's neither here nor there.

She's making sense, and I'll tell you why: You're just starting to learn a new language. Stick with one teacher. If you're trying to learn with two radically different methodologies, where even the words don't always mean the same things, you're only going to confuse yourself.

That doesn't mean you can't learn other Lenormand methods later - most of us have picked up any number of things over the years, and hang onto what works. But unless you have some fundamental card knowledge to start with (in whoever's system), it's just going to confuse you. E.g., Iris or I would have a different explanation for the Lillies or the Whips than Sylvie does, and use different combinations for things like sex, love, lust, abuse, etc. Sylvie's combos obviously work in Sylvie's system (or she wouldn't be reading anymore), just like my combos work in my system (or I wouldn't be reading anymore, either ;) ). And Seaqueen's combos work in her system of doing things - she's not around much these days, but she's an outstanding reader, too, and has her own way of doing things - don't rush it, you'll get there.

So you might want to stick with what Sylvie's teaching you until you're more comfortable with the cards overall before you jump into a different view of them entirely. Besides, the lady is trying to sell a book - one of the very few in English about Lenormand. So it's understandable that she doesn't want to give away everything for free on a forum. I probably wouldn't, either. And if you want to see more Lenormand literature in English, you need to respect that.

As ever, just my humble opinion.

Astraea

That is very sensible, down-to-earth yet inspirational counsel, Gavriela. Thank you for putting things into perspective like that and encouraging people to persevere with whichever learning method suits them best.