4 of Wands as Feelings

clarity

How would you interpret 4 of wands as how a person feels towards someone.
Or just feelings in general?
I couldn't find anything as to feelings for this card.

Teheuti

In the Tarot and Emotions Research Project that I did a couple of years ago here are the major responses for the RWS deck. The number next to each emotion is the number of people who picked this word for this card. I'd say they are pretty consistent. You might find very different words with another deck.

festive (x31)
mirth (x6)

happy (x4)
welcoming (x4)

ecstatic (x2)
enthused (x2)
joy (x2)

Mary

Vivian

this person is happy that he or she has found someone that he or she can be happy with.

clarity

Thanks Teheuti and Vivian for your help!
Does anyone see anything negative about this card at all?

GenoviaJ

Unless the person wants to be free of you. Freedom.

wind

4 of wands is also about liberation - once I got 4 of wands for a couple and i thought it meant happy times together and strong foundation.
But the same week they broke up.

This card can be about freedom and freeing yourself from restricted situation.

Teheuti

In the Thoth deck it's called 'Completion' (Venus in Aries - suggesting the completion/renewal of the seasons at the two equinoxes Libra/Aries). While we tend to think of that as everything coming together, it can also be that the work is finished and we can soon disperse (which happens in the 5s).

Added: That said, I would still think the feelings involved (if asking specifically about them) would be good ones — maybe fulfillment.

Mary

clarity

Ah yes, freeing yourself and liberation.
Just almost seems contrary to the structure and foundation that the 4 of wands is about though. That's what I find confusing about this card, that it can mean both. Its hard to reconcile both meanings.

star-lover

i dont think there is much negative at all with this card - its a good feel card for both people involved