• INTJ

Votes: 96 15.9%
  • INFP

Votes: 123 20.3%
  • INFJ

Votes: 161 26.6%

• Total voters

Melvis

I am an INFP, too. Isn't it interesting that, so far, this 'rare' type is leading the poll. :D I guess it makes sense though, for Tarot readers to be iNtuitive, Feeling, and Perceptive!

I'm just barely an F though. I'd be more of a T, but they always make the T's sound so cold and harsh! :D

I'll be glad to see how the poll goes as more people participate. Thanks for starting it, jmd!

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

ihcoyc

I am an INTJ, although the J is rather weak.

Well, from the results so far we must be doing something right; we're scaring the E's away. As it is written, "neither a backslapper nor a gladhander may inherit the Kingdom of Heaven."

firemaiden

Help, jmd, what are all those letters, (Meyers-Briggs?) how do we know what we are? and what am I?

Moongold

Hi Firemaiden,

The MBTI (Myers Briggs Type Indicator) is a test which provides one way of ascertaining the way you prefere to act in the world.

Jung suggestd that there are basic two attitudinal types: introverted and extroverted and four basic functions of human consciousness: thinking, feeling, intuition and sensation.

MBTI is a test developed by two American women to determine the actual type of individuals. All the possibilities are represented by those somewhat strange combinations of letters. For example I am an INFP which means that I'm introverted, feeling, intuitive and perceptive (INFP).

If you go to this link, you'll get more information and be able to take an online test which, whilst not the full MBTI, will give you a fairly good idea of what type you are:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm

Thought you might like to take the test and then come back with questions.

Moongold

Macavity

Aha! Another sucker... oops, I mean candidate :D we didn't really add the site reference. I will add the one I worked from and later put in the other one? Or maybe JMD will put this in the first post? Try: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm

Just wondering - Operatic singers MUST be extrovert right? Our very first? I'm convinced I will be the only one in my own category (ISTJ) anyway - so be "unique" why donchya! })

firemaiden

Well, now I ended up taking two different tests because of all the different links -- and one scored me as an "idealist" but didn't tell me which one, and the other one scored me as INTP, but all of the aspects were only very weakly so, except for intuitive.

So, the problem for me is, every single time I take any kind of sorting test, I end up pretty much evenly divided between all the categories. (That's because I'm God).

In the test which rated me Idealist, on all of those either/or questions, pretty much all of my answers would have been "both" if there were such an option.

The same with the Enneagram, and other tests, like the Ayurvedic one to see which body/health type you are. I always score equally each type.

I am definitely an introvert by nature, and also definitely an extrovert....LOL. Definitely, extremely thought and analytic oriented, and also definitely extremely feeling oriented.

I am going to try the test one more time, maybe the link that you just posted, Moongold, and see if I can get it to make more sense,

No, whoops, that is the same site that rated me 11% introvert. I don't agree with the results. But I am going to vote now, anyway...

firemaiden

Okay, that's hilarious, not a single extrovert, not even me. Well, if we were extroverts, WHAT WOULD WE BE DOING ON LINE?

Kiama

Apparantly I'm slightly extrovert, and I'm a Teacher, which are also really rare... In around 2-3% of the population. Boy do I feel cool now!! :D

Kiama

PS- I was ENFJ. Not sure about the judging part...

PPS- Just did the poll. I'm the ONLY extrovert so far... Somebody join me!

Moongold

Hi Firemaiden,

It's a long time since I did MBTI but Introverted Thinking types (you?) are really concerned with ideas. " All philosphy is concerned with the logical processes of the human mind and the build up of ideas" (Franz).

The way the MBTI is constructed if you have INTP as your major funtion, your inferior function is extraverted feeling - very object oriented. If you care about people they really know you care about them.

The other thing that is important about MBTI is that it simply indicates preferences. People often accommodate to meet particular life circumstances. I am very introverted but I can stand up in front of a class and engage for hours simply because I've learned to do that. Then I'll go home and not emerge for a day to recover! You may well be a opera singer, with all the power coming from within.

Some people are very balanced as well. I'm only 3 points awayf from being an INTP (on the T side).

JMD where are you? Come and explain this better......

Moongold

firemaiden

Moongold said:
JMD where are you? Come and explain this better......
He's in Australia :)