Dreaming in Color: Etheral Deck

SunChariot

Stacie Hammel said:
i have been a long - time lurker and i just wanted to add my tuppence to this thread and a couple of others :)

my name is stacie, i live in new york city and am a channel medium and a collector of beautiful decks. i probably have around five hundred decks in my collection. an addict, yes ;-)

i love the dreaming in color deck, it is my very favorite deck (my second favorite is ironwing for reasons i will go into another time if you indulge me) and not because of its beauty. it has a depth and accuracy that comes through each and every time i use it. the cards are so intuitive i feel like they are speaking to me. they are so freeing, i just gaze into the images and the answers drift up from somewhere deep inside.

another beautiful and intuitive deck is ironwing. what a refreshing approach! it is so exciting to see such innovative new artists share their visions.

namaste, and nice to meet you all,
stacie

Hi Stacie!

Nice to see you here. :) I feel teh same way as you do about DIC. I love it too, and I love the intuitive decks most.

Do you have SoulCards? They are totally intuitive, more of and oracle than a Tarot really, and no book meanings for the cards. I love mine. I have both Volumes 1 + 2. Here are the links in case you have not seen them:

http://www.touchdrawing.com/3SoulCards/SC1/SC1gal.htm
(Volume 1)

and

http://www.touchdrawing.com/3SoulCards/SC2/SC2gal.htm
(Volume 2)

Bar

Stacie Hammel

thank you for the warm welcome, sun chariot! :)

And thank you for the links too, but i must admit i don't care for the soul cards very much. i find the art depressing, such dark colors and agonized faces, i dont have a good reaction to it, and my channeling is affected by that. one of the reasons i love the dreaming in color so much is because even the 'negative' cards are lovely and uplifting. i agree with the creators that there is beauty even in the so called darker emotions, and the deck illustrates that so well. i also love the absence of people in DIC, i find it one of the decks many strengths.

but, to each his own :) we all need to work with the tools that work best for us and we are not going to be the same! :)

may i ask where are you from, sun chariot?

SunChariot

Stacie Hammel said:
thank you for the warm welcome, sun chariot! :)

And thank you for the links too, but i must admit i don't care for the soul cards very much. i find the art depressing, such dark colors and agonized faces, i dont have a good reaction to it, and my channeling is affected by that. one of the reasons i love the dreaming in color so much is because even the 'negative' cards are lovely and uplifting. i agree with the creators that there is beauty even in the so called darker emotions, and the deck illustrates that so well. i also love the absence of people in DIC, i find it one of the decks many strengths.

but, to each his own :) we all need to work with the tools that work best for us and we are not going to be the same! :)

may i ask where are you from, sun chariot?

You're very welcome.

Of course,

You can ask me whatever you want. :)

I'm not sure if you mean where I was born or where I live now when you asked where I was from. I presume the latter,but wasn't sure. So, the asnwer to both is Canada. More specifically, I was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, but I have been living in Montreal, Quebec, Canada since the age of 7 which was ....( uh oh, I am about to reveal my age! LOL almost 42 years ago.)

That's ok, I know we are all different, and especially with intuitive images we all see different things and react differently. I find the SoulCards deep, but I see nothing depressing in them. Lots of purply blues and I always heard purple is a healing colour. Blue like the sky....Anyway, ....The faces don't look agonized to me either. They don't exactly look real, but that's fine for me, they are more symbolic than real people.

I won't ask you to list all your decks, that would take forever. :) But I am sure you must have most of the ones I have (except for SC) :)

My favourite of all this is the Faeries Oracle. I adore it. It's amazing. And I just started to learn Runes a few weeks ago, and I am totally fascinated with them. :)

Best wishes,

Bar

zorya

just a little reminder to stay on topic please. :)

when you wish to chat with someone, please use the pm system (private messages). we also have a chat board, in the subscriber section.

i will be deleting posts that are not about the dreaming in color deck.

thank you,
zorya
moderator, oracle decks

lunakasha

Just curious....

I would like to hear reactions from people who have had a chance to "play" with this beautiful deck. How do you like it so far, and how do you use it??? It seems ideal for meditative work, journaling etc. But I am wondering if people are also finding it useful as an oracle. How is it for reading/divination??? What spreads have you used???

Thanks for the input....I LOVE the look of this deck, but would like to know more about it while sitting on the fence. ;)

:) Luna

bleuivy

I just ordered this deck last night. Cannot wait for the cards to arrive. I have not been this excited about a deck in a very long time.

I've been drooling over these cards for months, and when I saw they were on sale, I couldn't resist.

They'll probably take forever to get here though. :( I'm having them shipped to my parents' house in the states, and then they are shipping them to me. So I'll have to wait soo long!

I am so looking forward to seeing them in person, though! :D

SunChariot

lunakasha said:
Just curious....

I would like to hear reactions from people who have had a chance to "play" with this beautiful deck. How do you like it so far, and how do you use it??? It seems ideal for meditative work, journaling etc. But I am wondering if people are also finding it useful as an oracle. How is it for reading/divination??? What spreads have you used???

Thanks for the input....I LOVE the look of this deck, but would like to know more about it while sitting on the fence. ;)

:) Luna
Yep I have found it very useful as an oracle. Of course I read very intuitively anyway. And the card's title gives you a hint of the direction to go. I don't think I ever used a spread with it. I don't always use them. Often I just take a series of 8-10 related questions, one that leads into the other, and pull one card in response to each.

But yes they do work as an oracle.:)

Bar

lark

I use them as an oracle and do spreads with them.
Just did a health spread on Friday.
I had a doctors appointment and wanted to know how it would go.
The cards were right on.
Then I over lapped tarot on top to see what other insights I would gain.
The tarot confirmed the Dreaming in Color cards.
That night when I reviewed the spread it went as I had seen it in the cards.
Dreaming in Color touched on my and the doctors emotional reactions and tarot on the more practical aspects.

I've been wanting to say that there is something really strange about these cards...
And I don't know if I can find the right words here....
Sometimes taken seperately they don't make alot of impact but in a spread 5 or 6 of them together flow and speak very clearly...
So definitly (if you haven't already) try a spread with them.

And read the LWB! She spend hours upon hours working with each image and it comes through in the LWB meanings.
She really knows how each card will touch your psyche.

Sometimes when nothing else is making sense I'll lay a spread of these out and have that Aha! moment.
And it's usually about a repressed feeling of my own or someone elses.

As meditation tools they are excellent that's when the single card draw is very affective.

Anyway I think you can tell I really love this deck.
Glad so many of you got in on the sale. Enjoy!

BodhiSeed

Okay Lark, you've sold me! I've ordered the cards, and will be hopping from one foot to another until they get here! Just seeing the pictures on the web gives me some sort of strange feeling -- like a wave or jolt of emotion. Don't know quite how to explain it, but they affect me in a powerful way. Now if I can just get them in my impatient little hands...
Many Blessings,
Bodhran

bladeraven

Ack...I'm hoping to get mine from Overstock but they got my addy wrong and I'm in pieces that I may not get my deck......argh argh...lol this is what I get I guess...lol...*drools without restraint*