wheel of fortune as timing

The Fish

What have people experienced, or think, the wheel fo fortune may represent as 'when' something is going to happen?

Normally I wouldn't ask a timing question as I can never really work out what it is saying - and I apologise if this question has been asked before.

I kind of thought it was probably saying 'when the time is right', but I also get the feeling it could be representing a certain moment, and with new year coming up, even though I wouldn't have really thought this was a card for new year, may be...?

rwcarter

Generally that's the problem with timing questions. Unless you go in with a specific idea of what kind of timing you're asking about, you never know what kind of timing the deck is answering you with. It could be a specific date, a range of dates or a "when other things have happened" answer.

According to Golden Dawn Astrological Associations, The Wheel covers the period 23 Nov through 21 Dec. So either the event just happened or it won't until late 2010.

The Wheel is a 10 card, so it could represent 10 days, weeks, months, years or decades. (You can find various already indexed threads on timing here.)

And because it's the Wheel, it could be saying, "That's not for you to know. It will happen when it happens." :D

Rodney

The Fish

Cheers Rodney, I reckon you're right - it'll happen when it happens - as it is a good tower event (knight cups - 2 cups - ace coins) I don't think I am meant to know, in case I try and put a spanner in the works, lol.

Damn! hahaha

Anyone else wish to share their view?

canid

I'm completely guessing here, but I'd think it would mean 'now', or perhaps even backtracking - a setback. I think the surrounding cards would have much more influence in determining timing with the Tower.

The Fish

canid, that was my other thought, that it was imminent, the tower was in the previous reading, and this was a clarifier of 'when' this even would happen, but still, with these two cards appearing in succeeding spreads on the same situation, could well mean it's about to happen, hence why I thought may be new year - not that I had any plans of going anywhere apart from work and home on my own - but I suppose that is what the tower, and the WoF mean, it's something which is unexpected, or comes in a flash.

Thanks for your input.

xx

re-pete-a

rwcarter said:
And because it's the Wheel, it could be saying, "That's not for you to know. It will happen when it happens." :D

Rodney

Good call RW C,
for RPA,
The kings or any Major cards indicate that it's not going to be revealed , it's out of your hands.

METHOD
Decide which season represents which element of your deck.
Each season has 13 weeks and a few days.
Each minor card up to Qn, of your chosen season represents that matching week.
Match it to a calender and retain the marked calender.

EG:
Ace swords (autumn for RPA,air) would represent the first week of autumn.
Kn o Wands (summer for RPA,fire) would represent the 12 th week of summer.

NOTE:
when reading for international clients even though you use your calendar at home, it's transposed to suit their seasons. but your timing reference remains the same.
In other words, if it says 10 th wk of summer for you , it may be the 10 th wk of winter for them.

Find out what works for you.

The Fish

Thanks re-pete-a, very much appreciated.

xx

Fostha

I'd guess with the tower as part of the spread,then the message from the wheel is probably supposed to be read as "expect the unexpected" here maybe.Personally with the wheel though,i usually think it will only happen if its meant to,and some things just aren't.

The Fish

Thanks Fostha, something happening if it is meant to happen is definitely something I will keep in mind for the future. I am kind of in disbelief about this reading, and about who appeared as the clarifier for the knight of cups - king coins - who keeps appearing repeatedly for me recently, and if it's who I think it might be, it will be a surprise, and will come out of the blue :).
xx

Fostha

The Fish said:
I am kind of in disbelief about this reading, and about who appeared as the clarifier for the knight of cups - king coins - who keeps appearing repeatedly for me recently, and if it's who I think it might be, it will be a surprise, and will come out of the blue :).
xx
Surely if you've got someone in mind its hardly a suprise or out of the blue now is it,or are you really struggling to think of who it can be now?