lesbian deck

mabthescorpio

I know there are several gay male tarots in print. I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a lesbian tarot deck?

The Hanged Man

Not that I know of, but there are feminist Tarot's feturing only females / female issues, which would perhaps be of some interest to some lesbians.

tarotbear

What makes a deck a 'lesbian' deck? I mean that seriously. There are many feminists who are not lesbians, so there would have to be a difference.

Grizabella

The Cosmic Tribe has three Lovers cards--one gay male, one lesbian and one hetero.

Other than that, I think the Motherpeace could be considered lesbian. I'm not sure it would be totally that. I do know it's definitely a feminist deck.

jackdaw*

Also, the Lovers card on the World Spirit appears to be two women.

The Hanged Man

tarotbear said:
What makes a deck a 'lesbian' deck? I mean that seriously. There are many feminists who are not lesbians, so there would have to be a difference.

I think what was being asked, is that is there a Tarot specifically upon a lesbianistic theme, as there is with Tarots on specifically gay themes. I said that feminist Tarot's may be of interest to some lesbians due to the special focus upon females and female issues. I did not at all imply that lesbians are feminists or that feminists are lesbians.

I suppose what makes a deck a 'lesbian' deck, would be that it focusses upon a theme of lesbianism, but as I do not know of any such deck, I thought that a feminist Tarot may be of interest, due to it's focus upon the female creature, which may interest many a lesbian.

babyJo

Interesting point. Why there is a gay tarot but not a lesbian tarot??? I would love to have one to read for my friends. Surely, it will address their issue better.

~Jo

The Hanged Man

babyJo said:
Interesting point. Why there is a gay tarot but not a lesbian tarot??? I would love to have one to read for my friends. Surely, it will address their issue better.

~Jo

Perhaps because, stereotypically at least, there aren't as many lesbians into Tarot as there are gays.

As for a lesbian Tarot addressing lesbians issues better - I'm not sure about that. I'm gay, but if anyone whipped the Gay Tarot, or the Brotherhood Tarot out to give me a reading with - then I would run a million miles away!!! Eugh! These are among the most awful Tarots I've ever layed eyes on, and I hate them more for the fact that I would be presumed to be into them just because I'm for the greater part, homosexual in my sexual proclivities. These decks make me cringe!!!!!!!

Hopefully, if there was to be a lesbian Tarot, it wouldn't be as cringeingly stereotypical, cheesy and politically orientated as the gay Tarot's out there. Which is why if I was a lesbian, I'd go for a feminist deck instead.

Lee

The Hanged Man said:
These are among the most awful Tarots I've ever layed eyes on[...]
But, Hanged Man, I strongly suspect from your comments in another thread that you have not actually laid eyes on these decks. Could you please clarify for us whether you've actually seen all 78 cards of each deck, or whether you've only seen two or three card scans on the internet?

If you only saw scans, and decided from those scans that the decks weren't for you, that's fine. But before making such sweeping statements about the decks, I think it would be more fair to the creators of those decks (including me) if you would state up front that you haven't actually examined the decks themselves, but are instead forming your judgments after only seeing a small fraction of the decks.

-- Lee

Sulis

babyJo said:
Interesting point. Why there is a gay tarot but not a lesbian tarot???

Because someone (Lee) bothered to make one.