King of Cups as feelings?

TeaRose

Hello wise people!
I've continually drawn the king of cups when I ask how he feels about me.
To me, doesn't king of cups represent mature/deep feelings? Things are in the very very early stages so I don't know what this card can be saying to me feelings-wise.
Thanks for your help! Always appreciative :)

nisaba

It could indicate <blush> that he's more emotionally mature than most of the people you're used to, less likely to be tempted, more inclined to be emotionally responsible.

PAMUYA

This king is mature, but is less likely to show his emotions, he keeps them under control. As feelings, this King makes me think of a mentor, someone who cares, but not much passion. You will have to be patient to know his true feelings.

starrystarrynight

The King of Cups can describe a time period when someone examines his deepest feelings and may suggest that he is falling in love with you.

LovelyMissAries

Hello wise people!
To me, doesn't king of cups represent mature/deep feelings? Things are in the very very early stages so I don't know what this card can be saying to me feelings-wise.

See, I thought this was a cut and dry answer if I drew the King of Cups for someone's feelings. However, he keeps coming up for someone I've just met too but this guy is actually pushy for intimacy, and I've concluded only wants action - not love. So I'm not sure whether to say the King represents getting manipulated OR if he keeps coming up 'cause he's someone coming into my life in the near future.

Amanda

Is this the only card you pulled for the question? All cards have a wide negative to positive range. If he's badly aspected in the spread by another card, then yes, I'd be careful of him. He could have emotional/intimacy issues, be possessive and jealous, emotionally manipulative, etc. And if it is the only card you pulled, it shows a man in singular form (i.e. court cards are usually drawn to appear by themselves in the cards of most decks) - which could be bad when you are asking about relationships... which require more than one person. LOL If you ask a question like this, where the root of it has to do with an intimate relationship among 2 or more people, you'd be better off hoping to see a card that shows more than one person happy in it, like the 2 of Cups, for instance. The King of Cups alone could be saying that he's only interested in satisfying his own emotional needs, which I alluded to above- he could be manipulating you to gain his own pleasure and emotional satisfaction from being able to successfully do that. My personal opinion is that it's more difficult to read cards if you only pull one for a question (if that's what you did), and I would recommend pulling at least 2 to see how the cards are influencing one another. And if this was a card you pulled that was part of a larger spread, I would look to the cards directly surrounding it to see if it should be read more negatively or positively.

faithnlight

To me King of Cups has always been synonymous to someone who may have deep feelings for you but most certainly he/she will choose NOT to voice it....its more on the lines of silent lover....deep feelings felt but may always remain silent(unspoken)....

love n light
tanu

starrystarrynight

LovelyMissAries said:
See, I thought this was a cut and dry answer if I drew the King of Cups for someone's feelings. However, he keeps coming up for someone I've just met too but this guy is actually pushy for intimacy, and I've concluded only wants action - not love. So I'm not sure whether to say the King represents getting manipulated OR if he keeps coming up 'cause he's someone coming into my life in the near future.
(Bold is my addition.) This would seem to be more for the reversed or ill-dignified King of Cups. So, you may have to note which cards come before or after him in the spread or the deck, if you don't use reversals but need a way to consider the more upright (dignified) or shadowed (ill-dignified) "meanings" of the cards you draw.

But that is only a suggestion if you are having some difficulty in making your readings "fit" to the actual situation(s) you are reading about.

LovelyMissAries

(Bold is my addition.) This would seem to be more for the reversed or ill-dignified King of Cups. So, you may have to note which cards come before or after him in the spread or the deck, if you don't use reversals but need a way to consider the more upright (dignified) or shadowed (ill-dignified) "meanings" of the cards you draw.

But that is only a suggestion if you are having some difficulty in making your readings "fit" to the actual situation(s) you are reading about.

Interesting. So if the King of Cups was next to a wands card... would it matter what Wands card it was, or is the King of Cups automatically ill-dignified because it's next to it's opposite element, fire? Or is that the wrong way to dignify cards completely?

SunChariot

Hello wise people!

For me, and opinions vary on exactly what cards mean, the Kings are about inner mastery. They are about working things out inside of you, getting in control of what is happening and not letting it control you, coming to terms with where you are and acceptiing it....Cups are about our feelings of course for me.

So really that card would not really say to me what he was feeling per se, just that he was in control of things feelings and they were not controlling him. Maybe that he is feeling certain things he is not giving in to. He is choosing to stay rational and follow his mind, not his feelings.

That does not really say what those feelings are for me. Someone may well feel love for someone, for example, even if they choose to not lose themselves to it and get completley carried away by it.

IF that card came up for me in answer to that question, as for what he actually WAS feeling that he was staying in control of inside himself, I would have to get that part from the card image. So natrually taht would vary from deck to deck.

Babs