I won I won

Le_Corsair

Re: Gilded Tarot

lark said:
For those who are curious as to the type of deck my tarot spread will be featured with I got an email from Llewellyn yesterday.

It's working name as of now is The Gilded Tarot. That could change. They sent me a picture so I could see the style of the deck. Of course they asked me not to post it TOP SECRET you know. So I'll describe it a little for you.

The colors are very bright jewel tones. This is not a LoScarbeo style deck. Midnight blues, emerald greens, deep space black, misty lavenders, royal purples. Very beautiful. I wish I would have remembered to ask who the artist is. duh.

The style of the characters reminds me of a Renisance Fair I go to in Bristol IL. Very middle ages.

The pictures look like they were done as paintings, not computer grafic, or colored pencil.

I see ten majors depicted here. No minors so I don't know if they're full picture or just pip. Traditional in design but with a few twists. The Chariot has a woman driver. The Magician looks old and wise and he's juggling the four tarot suit symbols. I can't make it out very clearly but I think they might have sub. a key for the wand suit. That's interesting if they did. The Star is beautiful. A masked deva flying through the sky pulling a golden star. The Devil is hot. And I don't mean in a going to hell kind of way!
All and all I like it alot.

I am confused though as to when the spreads will appear in New World magazine. I went back to my May/June issue and it said the winners would be announced in the Nov/Dec issue, but that the spreads would appear in future issues. I am waiting for an answer back. Would be nice if it all appeared together.

Thank-you for all of your interest and support. Even though I'm new here you have all made me feel so very much at home. Nice to have a place where I can talk tarot. It means more than I can say. Blessing lark

P.S. For you book lovers a new one coming out in Nov. called Tarot Tells The Tale by James Ricklef. Described as smart, useful, enlightening, unique and highly entertaining.
Phew! That must be quite a book!

============================================

It sounds like Ciro Marchetti's Gilded Tarot. He is also a member of Aeclectic, and his deck is breathtakingly beautiful. I was under the impression that the Llewellyn version of his deck isn't due to come out until early 2005, but maybe it got moved up in the queue. That would be nice! You can see scans of the Gilded on the main board of Aeclectic.

Bob :THERM

lark

Yup

That's the one. It's quite beautiful. Thanks for letting me know. They can't keep any secrets from the Aeclectic gang can they?

We are all knowing!!!!! At least when it comes to tarot decks

cirom

Yes thats correct, originaly Llewellyn indicated to me that the Gilded Tarot was for "sometime" early in 2005, But they have shuffled their production and the plan is now for October 2004.

ladycheryllynne

Congratulations Lark! Wow! Pretty fantastic. You must be quite the creative person. I'd consider that a gift.

lark

Thank-you for the kind words ladycheryllynne

Cirom sent me the web site www.ciromarchetti.com where you can now see all of the cards to the gilded tarot. Very beautiful.

dolphinprincess

wow! i love this deck!!!!! adding it to my wish list now! thanks for the link.

lark

Did you notice the dolphin on the 2 of pentacles?

Majecot

Oh Great!! More money I need to spend! lol

Those are beautiful Lark, how can you stand the wait???

Aura Wolf

I like your spread, Lark, I'll have to try it.

Congrats :)