5 swords in prevailing/ victory?

olivia1

There used to be a local movie critic who reviewed every movie the day it opened in our town.

I would read the review. If he hated the movie, I knew I'd probably like it. If he loved the movie, I knew I could safely skip it.

If you are that consistent with a pendulum, you've got amazing accuracy!! Stunning, as a matter of fact.

As nisaba said, use the pendulum. If it says yes, then there's a 98% chance the answer is "no". If it says no, then there's a 98% chance the answer is "yes".

Just like my movie critic, assume that, for you, the answer is the opposite.

Being that good with a pendulum is simply stunning.

Really? Being wrong all the time is a good thing?? The thing is, every time ID ask a question I'd ask it which way is yes and which way is no. So there's no misunderstanding. Of course It would tell me but of course I'd get it wrong . You both have a point. I figured if I started believing the opposite of what it says, it'll start " telling" the truth. Maybe one day I'll get back into it but I assure you, I was probably the worst person with a pendulum. Going to me with a pendulum question is like going to a reader who not only is always wrong but would give you the opposite meaning to every card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xrysalida

Since 5 of swords was the 1st card didn't the next two provided anymore info?
For me 5 of swords is bullying and the bitter feeling of being defeated when the battle was yours.
In my readings, in a 3 card draw, I always take the 1st card as the present or the immediate situation,
so I would say, do you feel pushed down by the case? Like they are stealing your right? Are you afraid that this could slip from your hands?
If you do feel like this then it could point to the present, I feel that the rest of the cards will tell you further.

Xrysalida

Really? Being wrong all the time is a good thing?? The thing is, every time ID ask a question I'd ask it which way is yes and which way is no. So there's no misunderstanding. Of course It would tell me but of course I'd get it wrong . You both have a point. I figured if I started believing the opposite of what it says, it'll start " telling" the truth. Maybe one day I'll get back into it but I assure you, I was probably the worst person with a pendulum. Going to me with a pendulum question is like going to a reader who not only is always wrong but would give you the opposite meaning to every card.

I also had "issues" with pendulums! My last attempt was when my mother's partner brought me a beautiful opal pendulum, I used it maybe for 2 days till it fell on the floor and broke, I never tried to buy agin :)

olivia1

Since 5 of swords was the 1st card didn't the next two provided anymore info?

For me 5 of swords is bullying and the bitter feeling of being defeated when the battle was yours.

In my readings, in a 3 card draw, I always take the 1st card as the present or the immediate situation,

so I would say, do you feel pushed down by the case? Like they are stealing your right? Are you afraid that this could slip from your hands?

If you do feel like this then it could point to the present, I feel that the rest of the cards will tell you further.

Wow you're good because that is everything that I feel but I asked about the representative, not myself, so I thought tarot would be describing him or what's In store for him?

nisaba

There used to be a local movie critic who reviewed every movie the day it opened in our town.

I would read the review. If he hated the movie, I knew I'd probably like it. If he loved the movie, I knew I could safely skip it.

If you are that consistent with a pendulum, you've got amazing accuracy!! Stunning, as a matter of fact.

As nisaba said, use the pendulum. If it says yes, then there's a 98% chance the answer is "no". If it says no, then there's a 98% chance the answer is "yes".

Just like my movie critic, assume that, for you, the answer is the opposite.

Being that good with a pendulum is simply stunning.

<smile> That was exactly my thinking.

Xrysalida

Wow you're good because that is everything that I feel but I asked about the representative, not myself, so I thought tarot would be describing him or what's In store for him?

It could also speak about his present in this case, one thing would be that he also feels 5oS like you do, that he could loose it from inside his hands, the other is he might be coming to you with a 5oS attidute, being the active side of 5oS, the buller! again though the source for his actions could be that he feels pushed down, strong ego rises and walks over bodies.
But again the rest of the reading would tell you, I believe.

olivia1

It could also speak about his present in this case, one thing would be that he also feels 5oS like you do, that he could loose it from inside his hands, the other is he might be coming to you with a 5oS attidute, being the active side of 5oS, the buller! again though the source for his actions could be that he feels pushed down, strong ego rises and walks over bodies.

But again the rest of the reading would tell you, I believe.

Thank you. The the rest were positive cards. I think in my situation, now that things have somewhat played out, I understand this card in this particular situation better. However, I'm still curious how others would have read this if they ask a somewhat similar question ( a specific party in opposing sides) and pulled this card as the first card.

Would all really take into account other cards and sort of blend or re enforce each other? I asked because one of the other cards were in such contrast to the 5 of swords. How does one know ahead of time if the card is talking about the actual subject, the environment, or the opposition?

crystalrose

If it was a three card reading, I would read the 5 of swords as a no. Only because when I do yes/no, the first card is usually the answer to the question and the next two explain why.

But if the rest were positive cards, then maybe it could mean your representative would play dirty and try to win at all costs? How did the situation turn out?

olivia1

If it was a three card reading, I would read the 5 of swords as a no. Only because when I do yes/no, the first card is usually the answer to the question and the next two explain why.

But if the rest were positive cards, then maybe it could mean your representative would play dirty and try to win at all costs? How did the situation turn out?

It's not over but I'm at an advantage for now. And I have refused offers to settle

BeyondtheVeil

olivia1

I don't know the other cards, so I'm only commenting on the Five of Swords.

To me it is an empty victory. Meaning that whatever happens won't matter anyway because it wouldn't be the "win" as expected. OR that the expected result/etc wouldn't make the person happy in the way they initially thought it would. They get what they want, but it isn't what they thought. Maybe the feelings they thought they would have, they don't have? Or they didn't 'win" what they thought they deserved.

Example: Someone wins a million dollars. The attorney's fees and court costs are a million dollars. They win, but it's an empty victory.

I've also had it mean that there is a betrayal.

Any updates?

BeyondtheVeil