Card 50 - Arval Parrot

Aximili

Arval Parrot is a communication Faerie. Looking a lot like his namesake he reminds us to always be honest and open about our communications and dealings with others. His calm expression tells us to trust him and believe that what we have to say is valid, without forgetting that what others have to say is
equally important and valid.

Jewel

I have noticed that this card comes up a lot for me when I have to do public speaking, or when communication with someone is necessary. I love the glow in his throat which asks you to find your voice. His cute little antenae with glowy ends also remind me that when you communicate you need to watch what you say, communicate clearly and use your head. I find him quite friendly and to be an old soul.

Aximili

I agree with you about the age. And I wish we could see his elbows. Isn't there supposed to be something unusual about his elbows? What do you think that could represent?

Kahlie

Aximili said:
I agree with you about the age. And I wish we could see his elbows. Isn't there supposed to be something unusual about his elbows? What do you think that could represent?

Well, in Dutch there is a saying about 'using your elbows' meaning that you are too pushy when speaking. I always thought it was an allusion to that. To speak gently and not try to push your way through by 'using your elbows'.

I got Arval Parrot a lot during my thyroid issues, but never when I did public speaking ;)

I like him, he's extremely gentle, wise and tactful. Something to aspire too I feel.

Kahlie

greenbeans

Jessica writes that he uses elbow grease to achieve good communication! I suppose that could mean it can be hard work at times!

Arval looks like a cute alien-bird-man. Seems sort of perched, ready to receive all incoming communication and relay any messages getting stuck! His pointy little head like a receptor for gathering unspoken words, his sparky antena, picking up on all the stray feelings that are being communicated non-verbally. His wispy whiskers to pick up any hidden movement, and his great big ears to catch those secret whispers-under-the-breath! A careful listener then! And a clear communicator, managing to convey so much in one simple gesture.

Jewel

Greenbeans, I love your description of Arval! The whiskers part and such reminded me of my kitties. Perhaps he has some bird and cat in him ~giggles~. Excellent observations.

qwaychou

He's a cute little guy, but he's not perfect. He is pointing to his throat chakra, yet his ears have no holes to listen. He might speak more than listen. His crown chakra is muddled.
His whiskers and antennae for honing in on what one says.