Heirophant crossed by the ace of cups

Adjustment

In a celtic cross relationship reading i did the hierophant was crossed by the ace of cups, are this 2 cards indicating a marriage? what other way could you read this 2 cards as cover and crossing on a cc. Any opionion will be very much appreciatted.

Alta

Marriage would work as a take.

Or that love is tearing down prejudices and artificial barriers.

It would be the other way if the Hierophant crossed the Ace of cups, that is, that prejudices and barriers were destroying love.

Valgar

Perhaps fresh, or pent up emotions ready to flow into a particularly regimented life?

star-lover

someone normally more traditional beginning to open up emotionally and say more how they feel?

love conquers prejudice and fear of doing one's own thing and going against societys laws and accepted/expected behaviours?

a platonic relationship becoming a romantic one?

how about a new love affair interfering with an existing marriage?

interesting combination, could mean many things, would love to hear others views too

someone has decreed that its your time to find happiness? lol - after all the heirophant is about sacred truths and what more sacred truth is there than love

both cards are also about blessings so a nice combination i would prefer to see it as - also what springs to mind is inspiration from an older person or a book or creed or group that lifts ones spirits
xx

Thirteen

Crossing = Challenge

Tara Deck said:
In a celtic cross relationship reading i did the hierophant was crossed by the ace of cups, are this 2 cards indicating a marriage? what other way could you read this 2 cards as cover and crossing on a cc. Any opionion will be very much appreciatted.
In your version of the CC, what does "Crossing" stand for? In my version it stands for: Whatever blocks or opposes the querent, whatever challenges must be faced

So, before we go racing into marriage, let's keep in mind the positions. The Hierophant is the querent's current position. Currently, the querent (you?) is in a traditional position; status quo, with querent and partner in traditional roles, taking traditional steps. No rushing things, no side tracking. It might even be that the relationship has some religious or cultural overtones: no pre-marital sex, no fooling around, marriage in the future rather than living together...yadda, yadda, yadda.

Hmmm. But my, oh, my. There's the Ace of Cups.

This isn't marriage, I'm afraid. This is the challenge of STAYING in a traditional relationship that might well LEAD to marriage while fighting off the challenges that love brings. Now I don't know the rest of the spread--and you might want to post it in READINGS to see if I'm right here, but I'm guessing that the relationship is facing some challenges and temptations to turn off that traditional road. Either those involved want to do something non-traditional (and this could be anything from premarital sex to kinky sex), or one partner or the other likes to look at other people and imagine having a relationship with them.

Don't fret. It's an Ace of Cups. That means that only the spark of an idea is there. The stirring of emotion. But being that it's in that position, crossing, it still indicates a challenge that must be faced, not denied or ignored.

That's how I'd read it.

Adjustment

Thirteen said:
In your version of the CC, what does "Crossing" stand for? In my version it stands for: Whatever blocks or opposes the querent, whatever challenges must be faced

So, before we go racing into marriage, let's keep in mind the positions. The Hierophant is the querent's current position. Currently, the querent (you?) is in a traditional position; status quo, with querent and partner in traditional roles, taking traditional steps. No rushing things, no side tracking. It might even be that the relationship has some religious or cultural overtones: no pre-marital sex, no fooling around, marriage in the future rather than living together...yadda, yadda, yadda.

Hmmm. But my, oh, my. There's the Ace of Cups.

This isn't marriage, I'm afraid. This is the challenge of STAYING in a traditional relationship that might well LEAD to marriage while fighting off the challenges that love brings. Now I don't know the rest of the spread--and you might want to post it in READINGS to see if I'm right here, but I'm guessing that the relationship is facing some challenges and temptations to turn off that traditional road. Either those involved want to do something non-traditional (and this could be anything from premarital sex to kinky sex), or one partner or the other likes to look at other people and imagine having a relationship with them.

Don't fret. It's an Ace of Cups. That means that only the spark of an idea is there. The stirring of emotion. But being that it's in that position, crossing, it still indicates a challenge that must be faced, not denied or ignored.

That's how I'd read it.
You are right thirteen this peson i did the reading for is very insecure.
Here is the entire reading, i posted it on your readings forum. http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=61035