A New Hope- Star Wars Spread

FlashFighter

A spread based off of the first Star Wars Movie, for help with reaching your goals, and revealing what lies ahead.

1. Tatooine- Your Roots
2. Ben Kenobi- What is being revealed
3. Alderan- Your Goal/Destination
4. The Millenium Falcon- How you are going to get there.
5. The Death Star- What awaits you.
6. Darth Vader- What opposes you
7. The Will Of The Force- The Outcome

XX7XX
XX6XX
5XXX4
X2X3X
XX1XX

euripides

not bad... not sure that I'd call the outcome The Force though. The Force is more like God, or like a continuous energy field that runs through everything. Its not an outcome. Being in tune with the force would get you to your true destination...? that said, I haven't seen episode three yet.

now if there was every a system that would be perfect for a set of tarot cards, Star Wars is it... hmmm, could be hard populating all the courts though.

I would put The Force at the center. Its what everything hinges on. Like the Buddhist 'right thought, right action'. Outcome? I don't know....

Euri

FlashFighter

Hmm... originally the outcome was Yavin 4; But I had to put The Force in there somewhere. Though the Force also works for the outcome, for the outcome is the will of the Force..... Hmm..... The Will of The Force works as a name for that position.....

euripides

My version of this might be

1. Tattooine - your roots (nice, like this idea)
2. Ben Kenobi - what is guiding you
3. Darth Vader - what opposes you
4. (above 2, instead of 5) The Force - The Right Path
5. (above 3, instead of 4) The Dark Side - The Wrong Path
6. Millenium Falcon - Agent of Action
7. Alderan - your goal

Though I'm not entirely sure that I'm happy with that, either.

I could see Yoda as mind-guide, Ben as action-guide. And since I'd like some female presence here, Princess Leia... but this will have to wait till I've seen the third movie.

I'd perhaps put the Force and the Dark Side as two cards at the center of the spread, with two paths leading to essentially the same outcome in some respects, but with differing consequences/collateral damage...

best
Euri

Celcius

The Force could be an Ally/Obstacle situation Good vs. Dark

HOLMES

there is a clarification

the force isnt' good,,

the force is the energy field from which both the dark side, and the light side work from.

so if there is to be a force section,,
it should be
good side,
bad side
the force (for overall energy of the whole situation as it pertains to the force for the force is neither good or bad,, but simply peace and love..
as the "good side" they use it to fight the dark side..
the true force doesnt' fight , it just is as it doens't see the bad side)

Kimberly

Oh my, for some reason the thought of a Star Wars Tarot Spread just amuses me, wayyy too much... Tee hee.

BLFO

We are assuming that God and The Force can't be a good and evil force (God creted both)...then I can see how The Force is the outcome.

Oh, lord we are arguing over Star Wars for a spread. LOL

HOLMES

then agian ,,

that all depends on if you can believe the creator created evil..
which it didn't but we all did.

in truth while the dark side is there,, it is simply an illusion for you never see in the star wars movie count dakou, nor darth maul come back as spirits..
not even to huant.
one studies that the spirit when it is released goes back to the light..

except in the star wars universe in the book i jedi,, there was a over a thousand year old sith lord who was trying to kill luke and all the rest of them until they trapped the sith lord to come to them all in one room and they didnt blast it with light,, but radiate light as bright as they could and that dissolved the darkness around the sith lord and help him see the light..
lol.
no one knows but they know they defeated it..

FlashFighter

See, the problem I have with Euri's spread is that it completly changes the intent of my spread, which was to show how to acheive your goal, and make you aware what to expect once you reach your desitnation, and well, my spread was based on the first movie. I actually plan to do seperate spreads with seperate intents for each different movie, so no Yoda, Darth Maul, etc in this spread.

The original Star Wars was based on what Campbell calls The Heroes Journey. (See this link http://www.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/smc/journey/ref/summary.html ) Which actually matches rather well with the Fool's Journey in the Tarot.

See, Tatooine, is your root and your beginings, simple enough, Luke starts on Tattoine.

Ben Kenobi, which is a good representation of The Hermit, guides Luke, but he is also Luke's Call to Adventure. Urging Luke to come with him to Alderan.

The goal is Alderan, because that is where the young hero must go, and they gets there by hiring Han Solo and Chewbacca to transport them. However when they arrive to Alderan, it's been blown to bits, and they find The Death Star in it's place. Where Luke meets up for the first time with Darth Vader.

As for The Force being the outcome..... It's not really The Force that is the outcome, rather the Will Of The Force, your destiny, the will of god (if you beleive in a god), or your own path.